SASS Wire Forum

Bayou Blast

Pit Bull Tex

This is my first "BIG" match. I had so much fun.I got to talk to people that I have PM ed on the wire. Met some of the great people from the wire.I would love to name them all.I wore Grizz's wife hat,love that hat.Got to shoot with Slick and that little girl of his for 4 stages they both shot clean on those 4 and Slick is a joy to watch.He shot 10 stages today and won Top Gun.I want to thank the people at Lake Charles for a really great shoot.I am so tired,I when down friday morning I work the side matches Friday shot Sat and Sunday drove home this after noon.I had a ball.I would like to thank my pards from Orange.Without them I would have never started shooting.The greatest bunch of people are in CAS.Posse 2 was the best thanks Texas Gator. Oh PS I shot Slick's 73 today,I thanked him but I should not have shot it.I thought I broke it when a levered it the first time.Thanks again Slick.

Bayou Blast 2011 was indeed a great match, all the gang worked really hard and it truley showed. The match was fun, but yet had just enough twist to make you think a little bit. ;) Myself and Lily Bleu did not get to enjoy the entire match(shot through on sunday) but what we did make was great. The food, side match awards and main match awards was some of the best!!!!!! Great Jobs to everyone that lifted one little finger to make this match great.

Your Pals,

Slick McClade :) & Lily Bleu :wub:

This was our first "BIG" match also. We had so much fun I could not begin to descibe it. We met some great people. We would love to say Thanks to them all for such a great reception. Got to shoot with T-bone Dooley and his posse and also shoot with Slick McClade and Lily Bleu as they shoot thru our stages and they both shot clean on ours too. Slick and T-Bone where a joy to watch(masters of the craft). We want to thank Possum and the Up The Creek Gang of Muskeeta Flats for a great shoot and some fantastic hospitality.

We would like to thank our home posse The Orange County Regulators of Boarder Town. The greatest bunch of people are in CAS. Thanks to Captian Stephen D. Hill and Texas Gator for all the help and encouragement to shoot. Y'all where right it was well worth it.

Your Friends in SASS,

Texas Ranger Chick Bowdrie and Wife,

Texas Ranger Trent Kilkenny and

Marshal Matt Dillon

Mine and Ellie Mae Maverick's first "big" shoot, too. A big THANK YOU from both of us to the Up the Creek Gang for putting such a great shoot together. It was easy to see how much work and effort went into making it a good time....and they succeeded in spades. GREAT JOB!

The only sad part was that I had to get up and go to work this morning. :rolleyes:

Chick

PBT - I'm glad you like the hat, it's one of my favorites from my collection. Good to see it getting worn again. One thing, it isn't "Grizz's wifes hat" any more, it's YOURS! Wear it in good health.

One thing about going to your first "big" match, it's like crack, you just want MORE!

Grizz

Congrats to Possum Skinner, Chatahouchie Dave, and the rest of the Up the Creek Gang for a excellent well run, and on time match. I had a ball meeting old friends for the first time. Loved the moving targets and the knockdowns that my Navy C&Bs took down without any problem. Oh yeah, Posse 1 Rocked. I will definitely be back next year.

Fingers (Show Me MO Smoke) McGee

Me and Biggest Heart had a good time also!!

I gotta' slap that guy who reloads my rifle ammo :unsure:

On the last stage of the match I had a split case lock up my rifle and lost 8 rounds :angry: So 8 x 5 seconds = 40 seconds and I lost Senior Duelist by 25 seconds.....You do the math!! :blink:

I got to meet Pit Bull Tex and got to shoot on the same posse with Fingers McGee.

Both really nice gentlemen.

We have shot at 13 different clubs now. Bayou Blast is still one of my favorite shoots.

The range is really nice, the stages were well written and fun...

but it's the people that make it so great.

Almost forgot to mention...

I got to see Noz again...

I still avoided eating "Mud Bugs" :->

How in the Wild Wild World of Sports did I miss meeting Pit Bull?

Oh, Well! Catch you next time!

Now an honest report. Members of the Up the Creek Gang WILL lie to you. Everyone knew I was there to eat crawfish. Well, one of the main movers who shall remain un-named but his initials are chattoche, eh catochhchi aw something Dave told me that I didn't have to go to town and buy crawfish. All I had to do was put a piece of baloney on my boot lace and lower it down into one of the many crawfish holes on the range. He said I could catch enough to make a good mess in an hour or so. Well, three hours spent on two different days and I still had to go to town to get them. Didn't get a bite.

Also some one there has A WEIRD SENSE OF HUMOR. Since when do SASS targets try to get away from you? Theirs do!

All in all?

Great folks! Possum Skinner and un-named Dave did a great job. Shoot ran well with interesting stages. I happened to be on a stage with Jack Houston, TBone Dooley and Mose and Bella Spencer.

What could be better?

Add Chick Bowdrie and family to the mix. Their first big shoot and I think their second ever. They fought their 92 for several stages until Mose lent them his 73. I'll bet they still don't have the smile wiped off of Chick's face. Talk about having a good time, they did. We'll see lot's more of them in the future.

The only thing that would keep me away next year is the gas prices. WOW that hurt!

Well this was my third Bayou Blast and I only saw the inside of my travel trailer.Started running fever on Thursday night and upon arriving early Friday morning I had to take all kinds of meds and get on the oxygen machine( I only breathe on my left lung). Chattahoochee Dave was kind enough to come buy and check on me. Was looking forward to shooting with Fingers and that didn't happen. He did stop by and after us talking for about 35 or so minutes he proved that he is one stand up fella. Just as I thought and the reason we have talked for a little over three years on the PC. It's good to be able to put a face on a name. I am so glad to hear that you pards got to shoot with some of our good folks. Gator, Dave,and Possum are some of the best pards to walk this earth.This bug sure hit me at the wrong time. I live about 170 miles east of the range and after a three hour pull I made it home. I told my wife that if it was 10 more miles I could not have made it as my fever was bad Sunday morning. Fingers I'm sorry that I had to pull out before I could say good bye but it was then or not leave.I'm still under the weather and having to breathe with the machine at night. Let's hope that my health improves so that we can make smoke together. Take Care Fairshake

Noz ,I saw you at a meal, but could not get to you to say hi.Met Complicated Lady and got to talk to her.She is a doll in real life also.Met T Bone,and Mose and his sweet wife.I met Nellie Blue, she is not just a great shooter she is a sweet lady and alot of fun.I am going next year if I am still kicking. Loved meeting all the great people.

As always, I really enjoyed the match. Those folks down there always put on a good one. Im looking forward to making it back down there again.

Fairshake....hate to hear you were under the weather. If I had known you were at the range, I would have made it a point to come by and visit. Hope you get to feeling better soon and I will see you again soon at another match

Well this was my third Bayou Blast and I only saw the inside of my travel trailer.Started running fever on Thursday night and upon arriving early Friday morning I had to take all kinds of meds and get on the oxygen machine( I only breathe on my left lung). Chattahoochee Dave was kind enough to come buy and check on me. Was looking forward to shooting with Fingers and that didn't happen. He did stop by and after us talking for about 35 or so minutes he proved that he is one stand up fella. Just as I thought and the reason we have talked for a little over three years on the PC. It's good to be able to put a face on a name. I am so glad to hear that you pards got to shoot with some of our good folks. Gator, Dave,and Possum are some of the best pards to walk this earth.This bug sure hit me at the wrong time. I live about 170 miles east of the range and after a three hour pull I made it home. I told my wife that if it was 10 more miles I could not have made it as my fever was bad Sunday morning. Fingers I'm sorry that I had to pull out before I could say good bye but it was then or not leave.I'm still under the weather and having to breathe with the machine at night. Let's hope that my health improves so that we can make smoke together. Take Care Fairshake

I'm so sorry to hear you were sick all weekend. I was wondering why you didn't shoot.

I hope you are feeling much better now.

Guest Crosscut Hardy SASS # 54701

Special thanks to everyone for shooting at B-B 2011; sure was a great

time for me and everyone I spoke with. Thank you again Pit Bull for

all the help you gave me. Sure is good to see all the new shooters

going crazy with CAS like the rest of us.... Big thank you to all who

helped us prepare/put on B-B 2011..............

Special thanks to everyone for shooting at B-B 2011; sure was a great

time for me and everyone I spoke with. Thank you again Pit Bull for

all the help you gave me. Sure is good to see all the new shooters

going crazy with CAS like the rest of us.... Big thank you to all who

helped us prepare/put on B-B 2011..............

Ain't that the truth!

It was good talking with you too Fairshake. You're right that it's nice to finally be able to put a face to a name. Sorry you had to leave out early and were unable to shoot. We'll have to shoot together next year - if not before. Hope the bug lets go of you soon.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

Thanks Smokey, There were many pards that I wanted to talk with but was running fever and stayed away from everyone to keep them safe. I always enjoy shooting with you when the chance arrives. Complicated Lady, I wish that I could have gotten out believe me.The inside of the trailer was giving me cabin fever for sure but at least I didn't pass this stuff on. My fever broke for about 4 hours on Saturday evening and that was when Fingers came to visit. Big Daddy and his wonderful boss Sharon came buy also but I insisted that we all sit outside and that worked until the sweat started again. This bug has stayed with me for over two weeks now and really kicked my butt. If you have to miss a match the Bayou Blast is not one that you would have on your list. There are so many good pards and food that it's impossible to not have fun. I was told that they had other shooters there that were sick also and shot. I could not do that as every time I moved my head it pounded and my body felt like I was having an out of body experience. Matt and Nora were parked next to me and checked on me and Snoozer's loving wife Charline kept me supplied with good eats. Thanks for all the well wishing and offers of help.

Archived