SASS Wire Forum

Getting ready for The Black Powder Match

Matthew Duncan

I'm starting to have a higher recurrence of split brass hanging up in the '66 then I can tolerate :mellow:

Figure it's time to invest in some new brass. Have y'all check the prices lately. :blink:

I need to order some BP for the Indiana State Black Powder Guild. But paying that hazmat fee doesn't sit well with my monetary conservative tendencies. :angry:

So I going to kill two birds with one stone (metaphorically speaking for those ASPCA folks). I'll go with store bought 45 Colt, with 250 grain bullets. Then when the match is over I'll have fresher brass and no hazmat fee! :)

Next problem...how to get that '66 five states over to me without shipping and FFL costs...penny saved is a penny earned! But why does Yankee taxes takes a nickle out of that penny?

Just talked to CC. We have applications comin in....Holy Smokes is building a resturant across from stage three. I talked to MANATEE and he is a plannin on comin. PRAIRIE DAWG wrote the stages and they are kick ass.....COWBOY RICK is doin side matches and TRAVELIN KID is doin the THREE STAGE NIGHT SHOOT for Friday night.

FREE MEAL SATURDAY NIGHT......CRISWOLD BREAKFAST ON SUNDAY MORNING.....Rumor has it we might even have Sausage and Biscuits on Saturday morning....more on that later.

KK

Well, what happened is I asked Prairie Dawg to write a few stages and he went nuts and did the whole thing. The problem is that he did too good a job....and I think you're gonna like em. I'll probably post them about a month before the shoot.

KK

I've had a lot of time on my hands lately.

Itchin to go shooting -- been a loooooong layoff this year with the lousy Winter weather.

Seriously folks -- This is one great shoot!

AND.....................

We got us a Josey Wales category.

If you like shootin them pistols at rifle targets, yule be in good company.

Personally....................I'm bringin my 12" Ruger Old Armies fer that.

They know how to kill them rifle targets!

& I gotta reclaim my title from Frenchy Yukon as he out-shot me two years ago.

And, yes, I'll bring some extra ammo fer those of you who wanna try out my ROAs. They are the absolute definition of "too cool". Cheyenne shot 'em gunfighter & I ain't never seen his smile so big!

LOTSA black powder is gonna be burned over the weekend.

GREAT food -- Holy Smokes can cook!

Great pards -- Shoot em up with the likes of KK, Crazy Mingo, Cheyenne Culpepper, Blood Washed, Montana Long Hair, Cowboy Rick, Manatee, Matthew Duncan, C.C. Top,& a host of the best pards around.

Maybe Fireball will make it back to Paradise Pass.

Don't ferget the Griswold breakfast on Sunday morning.

If ya likes shootin, great pards & great food, mark yer calendars............

Best $50 yule ever spend!

--Dawg

I've had a lot of time on my hands lately.

Itchin to go shooting -- been a loooooong layoff this year with the lousy Winter weather.

Seriously folks -- This is one great shoot!

AND.....................

We got us a Josey Wales category.

If you like shootin them pistols at rifle targets, yule be in good company.

Personally....................I'm bringin my 12" Ruger Old Armies fer that.

They know how to kill them rifle targets!

& I gotta reclaim my title from Frenchy Yukon as he out-shot me two years ago.

And, yes, I'll bring some extra ammo fer those of you who wanna try out my ROAs. They are the absolute definition of "too cool". Cheyenne shot 'em gunfighter & I ain't never seen his smile so big!

LOTSA black powder is gonna be burned over the weekend.

GREAT food -- Holy Smokes can cook!

Great pards -- Shoot em up with the likes of KK, Crazy Mingo, Cheyenne Culpepper, Blood Washed, Montana Long Hair, Cowboy Rick, Manatee, Matthew Duncan, C.C. Top,& a host of the best pards around.

Maybe Fireball will make it back to Paradise Pass.

Don't ferget the Griswold breakfast on Sunday morning.

If ya likes shootin, great pards & great food, mark yer calendars............

Best $50 yule ever spend!

--Dawg

Prairie Dawg I am looking forward to given you another chance at the title. I really love to shoot that Jossie Wales catigory it,s a real hoot. I still got the ammo loaded from last year since I got sick and ended up in the hospital. I hope that don't happen again! The yearly black powder shoot is one of my favorite shoots of the year. Anyone looking for a real challenge should give the Jossie Wales cat. a try. It aint for the weak hearted but what fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm starting to have a higher recurrence of split brass hanging up in the '66 then I can tolerate :mellow:

Figure it's time to invest in some new brass. Have y'all check the prices lately. :blink:

I need to order some BP for the Indiana State Black Powder Guild. But paying that hazmat fee doesn't sit well with my monetary conservative tendencies. :angry:

So I going to kill two birds with one stone (metaphorically speaking for those ASPCA folks). I'll go with store bought 45 Colt, with 250 grain bullets. Then when the match is over I'll have fresher brass and no hazmat fee! :)

Next problem...how to get that '66 five states over to me without shipping and FFL costs...penny saved is a penny earned! But why does Yankee taxes takes a nickle out of that penny?

Matthew,

Check Crater Fireworks website. I can bring you powder if he has anything you like. Prices are good, and I'll drive right past his place on the way to the April match.

CR

Heee Haaa P Dawg.. Ill be there maybe ya can talk Rye into comeing..and The duck of Death.. :lol

I wouldn't miss this one for nothin..I may come a day early to Help set up.. ;)

Heeee Haaa Crazy Mingo :wacko::wacko::FlagAm:

I'll be there Thursday afternoo/night sometime. Sure lookin forward to this!

CR

Hey Rick,

Don't forget to bring some of that Iowa bacon!

Spittoon

Ize shure du appreeceeate awl tha hard werk y'all ar duen shoze tha res o usuns kin hav phun!!

Cheyenne

What's the big deal about shooting a Black Powder match?...

Well you see,.. this hear match is designed to generate so much smoke and sulfur vapors to keep Paradise Pass mosquitoe free for the entire 2011 shooting season!

Hey Driftwood:

Come on down & join us.

Just a hop-skip-&-jump from New England!

Mingo -- I doubt if Rye will come..................Workin on Duke though.

See ya soon

--Prairie (Josey Wales) Dawg

Oh no!!!!!!!! Now I have to decide. The Gourd on one and...........or the dadburn, can't wait to shoot Josey Wales again.....

Blood Washed

Save the embarassment of loosing to an Iowa farm boy and shoot Josey Wales :P

Spitoon - bacon is on the menu!

CR

Don't let him buffalo ya Blood Washed.

Comin' in behind an Iowa Farm Boy ain't embarrassing.

Some of them boys can shoot pretty good.

What's embarrassing is comin' in behind a pard with "crazy" as part of his alias.

HeeHaw!

Yup, I'm talkin about you Mingo!

See you boys soon!

--Dawg

Heee Haaa Dawg.. I've been layin in the weeds..(well,snow bank here in Michigan) :o Just waitin for someone ta start the trash talk.. :P On April 18 th I have ta have the Doctor fix my Left hand .. :mellow: But seein how I'm the Michigan's Frontier Cartridge Droolist.. :huh: I'll be there ta take on ALL that would like ta try me.. :P The proverbale "check is in the mail".. :lol:

Heee Haaa Crazy Mingo :wacko::wacko::FlagAm:

Crazy Mingo ................... left hand? ........ we don't need no stinkin left hand.

Cowboy Rick........ you might as well just face it now..........the Gourd gonna stay in Indiana......you member how Circle R Cowboys ended up with the first Cutter's/ Circle R challenge trophy???? well I shoot with them sometimes and evil rubbs off........best keep yer eye on the Gourd HeeeeHeeeeeHawwwwww!

Blood Washed

Well.....................................Duke posted.

Does that mean yer comin to the match Duke????????????????????????????

Didn't know there was one.

Have not seen a post on the Wire & Firelands Website has April 6 listed as first shoot.

So I made other plans.

Have fun.

--Dawg

Heee Haaa P. Dawg.. Looks like "The Duck of Death" finally woke up.. :blush: I guess I should mention that you'll NEVER hear of any of the cowboys or Cowgirls from Michigan, Ever develope the Shakes and Twitches over a gunfight.. ;) I'll be there..WILL YOU... :unsure:

Heeee Haaa Crazy Mingo :wacko::wacko::FlagAm:

How's the weather back there? It's still in the mid 80's about everyday. Miss seeing you guys and will be home the end of the month.

KK

Heee Haaaa.. K.K. I just seen a two foot patch of bare ground in the back yard.. :lol: I think its where I got stuck with my Quad a couple of days ago.. :blush: We are haveing a heat wave it got all the way to 49 deg.today.. B)

See ya soon Heee Haaa Crazy Mingo :wacko::wacko::FlagAm:

Archived