SASS Wire Forum

- - - Earth Quake - - -

Watching the current news . . . makes me glad that I've been staying prepared for such an event.

With my "rolling bunkhouse" I carry with me everything I'd need to survive for at least a week. And the firepower to defend myself and what I have.

If I'm located at ( or cablable of reaching ) my "workshop" I have recources to survive for at least 2 weeks.

An earthquake preparedness kit in the closet at home will probably be useless in a big earthquake. Have it ( or another one ) in the trunk of your car so that it is where you are. :)

It isn't that it can happen here . . . it is that it WILL happen here. :blink:

As a 20 year volunteer for emergency services, we urged folks to be prepared for at least 72 hours.

After Katrina we learned it might be better to have preps for at least 2 weeks of food, water and meds.

Many now think having 3 months might be a good idea.

Do as much as you can afford and practice First-Aid skills too ;)

I thought on such lines a long time agao and I bought a full field hospital back pack...

a whole sh#% load of MRE's, potable water, and a self-generating am & Fm radio.

Plus, I have four 4x6 rasied beds out back that I grow things in.

And if need be, (God forbit) I have any enough firepower (both SASS and non-SASS) to protect me and mine.

Now all I need do is get a natural gas powered generator and I'm all set.....

I THINK !?!?

Be Prepared, kinda has a ring to it, Scouting maybe?

Volunteers here in Spokane Wa are all on call, our Chopper, ground and mounted response teams are made up of volunteers for the Sheriffs Dept. The Fire Dept and all of us walk hand and hand to help in the education of our neighbors in 1st aid and home preparedness.

Our big fear is wild fires, it's a big job, Response is what we do best:

Thanks to Chopper 1 Volunteers, you save lives.

Prayers yup for the Earthquake victims and Families

I don't know anything about earthquakes but I keep a "crash bag" with enough things to keep me going for a few days in case of a tornado or fire or something like that.

'bout two weeks of water and foodstuffs. Vehicles usually maintained at a half tank or greater. 3 day kit carried in car. Don't forget the fur-kids.

Archived