SASS Wire Forum

Sons of Guns

Jgbeerman

Anyone else watching Sons of Guns on the discovery channel? I am highly entertained by it and the show really makes me want to go buy a tactical rifle, granted money wise it would have to be a .22, but still!

Had a bit of a marathon of it thanks to on demand so figured I would see what yall think.

I think they do some awesome modifications! I watch the new episodes when they come on and sometimes catch the reruns, too. That being said, I still don't want a tac gun, pistol or rifle. I'll save my money and by more cowboy guns. But I know what you mean!

Shakey

Anyone else watching Sons of Guns on the discovery channel? I am highly entertained by it and the show really makes me want to go buy a tactical rifle, granted money wise it would have to be a .22, but still!

Had a bit of a marathon of it thanks to on demand so figured I would see what yall think.

Got me one ot those M&P 1522.

Really fun to shoot. And cheap to shoot. Which makes it even better.

Better hurry up they are going to ban the importation of them because they are capable of accepting a drum magazine, they are classifying it like they did the street sweeper.

Makes me want to get a Saiga...

Oh HECK yeah! Any one that can make a full auto shotgun that is that smooth?! WOOOHOOO! Then last week they made the anti-pirate "mini-patriot" missile contraption! ROCK ON!!

We are ADDICTED!!!!

I don't watch it much due to the "drama" - just build the damn guns!

With that said, I will be watching the new episode where they are developing a new bang stick for gators - that I might have to invest in.

I have been there a few times. Will is a great guy. I actually just went a couple weeks ago and helped him spend some of his money with me. :ph34r:

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm30/wheeler331/c9ae24fa.jpg

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm30/wheeler331/3b50df23.jpg

He has done one conversion for me years ago. He will be the fist to tell you that some of the show.....is well.....for show but its very entertaining and neat that its local for me.

I don't watch it much due to the "drama" - just build the damn guns!

With that said, I will be watching the new episode where they are developing a new bang stick for gators - that I might have to invest in.

I agree and could live without the "drama". However - there's more gun stuff than drama so I'll stay tuned. I love motorcycles too but got so sick of the fmaily interaction in OCC I refuse to watch it. Son's of Guns is a breath of fresh air compared with those idiots at Orange County Choppers. Samae reason i won't watch Top Shot. If the reality shows all floated out to sea and sank - I would be happy. Rant Off.

Semi Conductor

I like the show but sometimes I just shake my head at the things that they do. Ruining a Browning 1919, so the customer could impress his buddies at the machine gun shoot. "Inventing" a remote control machine gun platform that already exists for the shady contractor (Mr. Cool). I thought that the alligator bang stick was a pretty good idea, until I realized that you would be better off just using a Taurus Judge. Anyways, I do enjoy watching the show.

It could be worse I reckon. Sometimes I watch it. Sometimes I turn it off.

Watched it last night with the 89 year old CMH gentleman and the flame thrower.

Don't like it normally,

BUT

who couldn't like an 89 year old with the FLAME

Shenny

O yeah I like it!! Catch it all the time. Also watch Gold Rush and used to watch American Chopper but when it went to them fighting and not showing how they build the bikes I quit watching.

But the best is about to start a new season. DEADLYIST CATCH!!!!! :o:lol::excl:

Will seems like bosses I've had... his way or the highway. When they were mounting the shotgun on the 4-wheeler his employees had a valid point about recoil, but instead of explaining his thinking he just got all pissy and said "do it!!" A litle discussion there would have been better than seeing his lack of tact.

There have been times that I seriously shook my head at their inventions... the rocket shooter for pirates for example. Every time they fired it there were rockets that flew off in weird directions. I think any Somali pirates would see that and laugh. Plus, what if the pirates watch the TV show? "Oh look, there's the cute little rocket shooter they built on that TV show..."

And every time I think about the gator stick I think the same thing that Buckshot Frank said "why not a Taurus Judge?"

At least it's a show about guns although I wonder if gun owners will be perceived as tattooed biker types...

Cassidy :P

O yeah I like it!! Catch it all the time. Also watch Gold Rush and used to watch American Chopper but when it went to them fighting and not showing how they build the bikes I quit watching.

But the best is about to start a new season. DEADLYIST CATCH!!!!! :o:lol::excl:

One thing about Deadliest Catch is they don't have to manufacture much drama when they're fishing in 20 foot seas and it's blowing 40 knots....and snowing. :blink:

I'm still not sure if they might have killed Captain Phil for ratings though. :unsure:

One thing about Deadliest Catch is they don't have to manufacture much drama when they're fishing in 20 foot seas and it's blowing 40 knots....and snowing. :blink:

I'm still not sure if they might have killed Captain Phil for ratings though. :unsure:

You don't think they'd stoop that low do ya! :unsure::P

Gonna miss him tho. :FlagAm:

I agree with some of the points made here. As two other posters said: a Taurus Judge would be a far more efficient "gater stick". And I generally look at the Judge as an answer in search of a question. Well, it FINALLY found the question.

The converting a semi-auto Thompson into an automatic; Why? Automatic Thompson's already exist.

And mounting a Saiga shotgun to an M-16; I remember seeing ads for a Remington 870 mounted on one back at least in the 80s.

On the other hand, I do like Will's attitude. It reminds me of a sign an old Gunny Sgt. I knew had on his desk: "The Boss Might Not Always Be Right, But He's Always The Boss". So far, he's always been right. I'm going to continue to watch.

I agree with some of the points made here. As two other posters said: a Taurus Judge would be a far more efficient "gater stick". And I generally look at the Judge as an answer in search of a question. Well, it FINALLY found the question.

The converting a semi-auto Thompson into an automatic; Why? Automatic Thompson's already exist.

And mounting a Saiga shotgun to an M-16; I remember seeing ads for a Remington 870 mounted on one back at least in the 80s.

On the other hand, I do like Will's attitude. It reminds me of a sign an old Gunny Sgt. I knew had on his desk: "The Boss Might Not Always Be Right, But He's Always The Boss". So far, he's always been right. I'm going to continue to watch.

Didn't one of the characters in Predator have a shotgun under the barrel of his M16? I've seen it in some movie.

As to the Judge being better than the bang stick, I would think better at pulling your pants down. THOSE THINGS ARE HEAVY. The idea of the bang stick is light and easy to carry, so maybe it will be on your person instead of in the bottom of your tackle box.

I enjoy the program and will continue to watch it.

Just the view from my gator boat

McKenzie

As to the Judge being better than the bang stick, I would think better at pulling your pants down. THOSE THINGS ARE HEAVY. The idea of the bang stick is light and easy to carry, so maybe it will be on your person instead of in the bottom of your tackle box.

Thinking more about this... the bang stick being light is an advantage, maybe. Personally, the weight of the judge in it's holster on my belt would be reassuring. Dealing with a gator I think a second or even third shot may far outweigh any multitude of advantages of the bang stick. My dad said they invented a double-barreled bang stick before the Red Jacket version... but they call it a Bond Defender. I got a kick outa that.

BTW, my dad loves the show.

Just two cents more tossed into the discussion...

Cassidy :P

Archived