SASS Wire Forum

What you fellers do for a living?

Red River Ray SASS#33254

I just got ta wonderin what folks do or have done ta make a living? Some I know, but alot I have no idea. Creeker and I have agreed some here lately on several post and lookin at his picture he kinda looks like a brick mason er a plumber He He He ( Hell he's probably a doctor) Just wonderin???

I'm a carpenter, I do some new const. but mostly remodeling and additions, right now whatever pays tha dam gas bill. What you fellers an ladies do so you can buy guns and bullets?

RRR

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the last 7 years I have worked gun retail. Along with casting bullets commercially on a part time basis.Quit working retail last year. Now I'm a full time Dad and casting bullets basicaly full time. KJ is a tax proof reader and team lead for a large tax firm in town here.

I work here:

http://www.greenislanddistributors.com/index.php

and drive this around Long Island, New York City and the Hudson Valley:

http://www.greenislanddistributors.com/admin/spaw2/uploads/images/Delivery%20&%20Shipping.jpg

For the last 7 years I have worked gun retail. Along with casting bullets commercially on a part time basis.Quit working retail last year. Now I'm a full time Dad and casting bullets basicaly full time. KJ is a tax proof reader and team lead for a large tax firm in town here.

I've saw tha pictures buddy I expect your a better full time dad than i'm a carpenter or KJ is a proof reader!!! He He He Bless ye buddy.

RRR

I work as a Chippendale dancer.

No wait, I'm a playmate interviewer for Hugh baby.

Well, would you believe I work for the City of Knoxville in their Civil Service department. I handle budget stuff, payroll, and give Police and Fire applicants their entry Physical Performance test.

..........Widder

I work as a Chippendale dancer.

No wait, I'm a playmate interviewer for Hugh baby.

Well, would you believe I work for the City of Knoxville in their Civil Service department. I handle budget stuff, payroll, and give Police and Fire applicants their entry Physical Performance test.

..........Widder

LOL. Pard I called my friend Three Cut this evening trying ta get him to come to SMSO. I'll let ya know for sure this weekend! I can't go to Ga. state match as I was plannin due to Hunting club obligations on that weekend. Plus I'd get ta ag a vate Dunce.

RRR

Retired (or some say "retarded") from 45 years in executive management with manufacturing companies. Now, it's playing cowboy, volunteering as a business adviser for the SBA, volunteer search/rescue pilot, playing cowboy, riding the Harley, playing cowboy, woodworking, and, did I mention, playing cowboy?

I'm new and not known to most folks here...hope to change that over time.

Anyway, I'm an Assistant Principal for a nice-sized Virginia high school. I'm so busy trying to parent other folks' children, I struggle to find time to devote to improving/enhancing instruction. But, there's hope and I'm going to keep the 'dream' alive! :P

J.J.

RRR: sent ya a PM.

also, I been taking speech theropy to help me in my annunciation of 'R's and 'W's.

Hopefully, by this time next month, I'll be able to say Wed Wiver Way correctly. :lol::lol::lol:

..........Wridddderrr.

I was a career municipal firefighter until I was injured. Went to culinary school in Oregon and now I cook for a living.

Retired in '96 after 30 years working for the Old Ma Bell (when they gave a hoot).

When my 401K went bye, bye, I started an engraving business.

Was a radio DJ and also DJ'd dances on the side for 17 years.

I interview as often as I can to be a personel manager for Hooters.

Most of the time I'm working on cowboy stuff, pretty much 24/7.

Roo

I help provide affordable, self depended and clean electricity that powers domestic, industrial and govermental facilities of the USA.

I help expand the Carbon Footprint of the world. <_< The alternative is even uglier but that is for another thread.

I am a Mining Engineer at a Surface Coal Mine that supplies the fuel (coal) that runs the power plants that generate 50% of the USA electric needs. Right now, Japan wishes they had more electric power to take the place of what isn't being generated by their nuke plants that are down cause of the quake.

I get to work with computers, GPS's,electronics, internets, explosives, big industrial size shovels, trucks, dozers and view the eagles, deer, elk, foxes, bugs, bunnies, varmits, weeds and bushes of the mine reclamation.

Blastmaster

Used to be a Mathematics and Physics High School teacher.

Now I'm an artist doing wildlife sculpture in Carrara Marble. Some of my pieces I reproduce in bronze.

My wife and I also own an art gallery in Bigfork, Montana.

SCG

I just got ta wonderin what folks do or have done ta make a living? Some I know, but alot I have no idea. Creeker and I have agreed some here lately on several post and lookin at his picture he kinda looks like a brick mason er a plumber He He He ( Hell he's probably a doctor) Just wonderin???

I'm a carpenter, I do some new const. but mostly remodeling and additions, right now whatever pays tha dam gas bill. What you fellers an ladies do so you can buy guns and bullets?

RRR

Well, unfortunately - I am not brick mason, plumber or a Dr.

For the last 10 years, I was the firearms manager for a national Pawnshop chain - I handled all the firearms liquidation, regulatory compliance, safety training and internal policy creation.

When the economy went south (and yes, it goes south for pawnshops as well as everything else) - my job got transferred to the corporate offices in Ft. Worth.

So I became an unemployed bum.

My family owns a gunshop here in Nevada and I am a Concealed Weapons Instructor, so I have been surviving by doing CCW classes and new shooter training sessions.

Hopefully, things get better and I can get back to bossing other folks around pretty soon.

I am a journeyman carpenter of 25 years also a horseshoer of 20 years,

I am a retired fire fighter. I have considered different options for a second career, but I can not think of anything better than getting paid to do what ever I want. I might try that playmate interviewer thing, but they are not exactly known for their conversational skills, and my lovely wife has the rest covered any way. :wub:

Wow, typing it out like this makes me realize I got it pretty good. Thank you for asking RRR

Smoke

Professional Netdude. You need bits moved from Shanghai to Cheyenne, I will encrypt, prioritize, and encapsulate those bad boys to your spec. No photon acceleration services performed.

Retired 5 years ago.

Spent 36 years in data processing.

30 of that programming for a check processing application.

Retired 20 tears ago as a Telephine Facillities Engineer. Been engaged in the Shooting Sports ever since. Shot Skeet for nearly 20 years. Currently shooting CAS and lovin every minute of it. Still maintaining all the machines at our local Gun Club, and doing general maintenance there. Do lots of repair work on reloaders, etc. General flunky.

RBK

I work here:

http://www.greenislanddistributors.com/index.php

and drive this around Long Island, New York City and the Hudson Valley:

http://www.greenislanddistributors.com/admin/spaw2/uploads/images/Delivery%20&%20Shipping.jpg

Hey friend I also owned a plant Farm an Nursery fer 12 years, I can do that also. Propagation of Rhododendron mostly. Guess I like workin fer myself.

RRR

Professionally I am a sales and marketing manager and work for a manufacturer that provides application specific PCD and CBN tooling for non-ferrous and composite machining. With this though I do alot of traveling...hate being away from my family. However, the manufacturing sector is improving. I feel very blessed to do what I do.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Grandpa always said "Find something you're good at and you enjoy doing and get someone to pay you to do it"

I'd have it made if I could find someone to pay me to drink whiskey and make love to super models :P

I'm new and not known to most folks here...hope to change that over time.

Anyway, I'm an Assistant Principal for a nice-sized Virginia high school. I'm so busy trying to parent other folks' children, I struggle to find time to devote to improving/enhancing instruction. But, there's hope and I'm going to keep the 'dream' alive! :P

J.J.

Dat may be tha hardest dam job yet!

RRR

Archived