SASS Wire Forum

empty brass

cimarron

I use a vintage canvas mint/bank bag. You can find them on ebay though mine my grandfather had.

I have seen other folks who use crown royal bags, or canvas bags from a craft store such as hobby lobby.

Some of the local shooters who shoot modern action shooting sports put their spent brass in lingere laundry bags. These are made of open mesh fabric. Shaking the bag allows dirt and sand to fall out.

Use a small bag (like Crown Royal) to go from ULT to cart, and then a larger bag to keep them on the cart.

Seen where some pards have made a hook out of an old spoon to hang the little bag from their gunbelt so they don't have to wrestle it out of a pocket. Makes a convenient place to carry loading strips too.

These are leather and cost a little bit of coin, but I feel they are well worth it. You can have your alias and SASS number engraved into the side. They clip to your belt and have a spring opening that can stay open for filling when need be and closed when empty. Anyway, take a look here http://www.buffalobradyleather.com/leatherCanvasGoods_Bags.shtml Smithy.

I use an empty shot bag. Put a draw string in it to close.

I've made a few of those and like them. Too bad the shot these days comes in those ugly plastic (fiberglass?) bags.

Howdy

I have a couple of empty shot bags made back when they were made of nice heavy cotton duck. You might ask around at your local Trap club and see if anybody wants to get rid of one. I put a grommet on them and hang one from a hook on my cart. No need for a bag at the unloading table, my hat works fine for carrying them back to my cart. Don't want something else bouncing around on my belt either.

At one time, Gunther Cartwright would include a nice cloth bag with your alias embroidered on it when you bought an Off the Wall gun cart from him. Don't know if he's still doing that, or not. Of course - looking at it one way - that little cloth bag can run you over $400! ;)

Regards, TJH

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

I have a couple of old canvas bags that were painted to say BANK OF TOMBSTONE.

MG & CJ

I got a really nice leather bucket made by Dennis Yoder. Later I had him make a leather covered canteen to match. Workmanship and tooling are great. Had my name on one side and my wifes on the other side. Silver spots and conchos. I really treasure the set because Dennis is no longer with us. Classy work by a classy guy. Well worth investing in something special.

I'm all for the Crown Royal bag. It's functional and you get to enjoy the contents when not at the range.

However, I have one custom made by Curely Sue with the Sun River Rangers logo and my name. :)

Archived