SASS Wire Forum

a few mods to the Marlin are in progress

Yup - the Cowboy Limited is being 'massaged' by this little known local outfit called ' Quick-Stevens Runnin'Gunfitters' (ok...just made that up :lol: )

Pretty excited about it - can't wait to share the details when I get a chance to try it.

G (gamer-boy) G ~ :FlagAm:

Well so far..... The rear sight is done....

KQ

You must work for that 'Quick-Stevens' outfit :lol: ....;)

Looking forward to it KQ pard! The fact that we have such good talent local here is just B) Leather makers, cart builders, gunsmiths....

Thanks for all your help :D

GG ~ :FlagAm:

You must work for that 'Quick-Stevens' outfit :lol: ....;)

Looking forward to it KQ pard! The fact that we have such good talent local here is just B) Leather makers, cart builders, gunsmiths....

Thanks for all your help :D

"Quick-Stevens". Love that name.

Sounds like your in good hands GG.

..........Widder

Oh.. NOW you got my mouth waterin'... :huh:

I JUST installed a new carrie assembly on mine..BROKE the dern pip off the side of the old one..no wonder after 9 years of BP and everything ELSE went through it. :rolleyes:

Had to do some fitting and grindage to make it fit... :ph34r:

WHAT kind of work..? We're WAITING? :mellow:

Oh.. NOW you got my mouth waterin'... :huh:

I JUST installed a new carrie assembly on mine..BROKE the dern pip off the side of the old one..no wonder after 9 years of BP and everything ELSE went through it. :rolleyes:

Had to do some fitting and grindage to make it fit... :ph34r:

WHAT kind of work..? We're WAITING? :mellow:

I know about the one piece firing pin, some trigger work, and sights, but that's it about it ~ when I dropped it off I heard words like 'smooth it out' , 'jack it up', and 'the treatment' :lol:

I love this game and the people that form it :D '

I know about the one piece firing pin, some trigger work, and sights, but that's it about it ~ when I dropped it off I heard words like 'smooth it out' , 'jack it up', and 'the treatment' :lol:

I love this game and the people that form it :D '

not to be confused with JACK-O-MATIC, Doc Noper has the market cornered on that one.

not to be confused with JACK-O-MATIC, Doc Noper has the market cornered on that one.

:lol: nope...didn't hear about any 'o-matic' action being done :lol:

I'm hearin' a familiar song here......

Gunner, be a preppin' fer sum smooooth action.

Ketchum did mine and I ain't caught up with it yet.

You done some fine work KQ......

hOOt :):FlagAm:

Gunner, This rifle is so slick now you may just start jackin rounds out. I am done. I think you are going to like it a bunch.

KQ

Gunner, This rifle is so slick now you may just start jackin rounds out. I am done. I think you are going to like it a bunch.

KQ

:blink: .....:D :D :D ....B)

What else can I say! Except...WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!

GG ~

B) WOW-weeee! Just picked up my rifle - unbeleivable the way it came out. Will have a video to share with y'all soon.

'Quick-Stevens Runnin'Guns' outfit did a fantastic job!! :D

B) WOW-weeee! Just picked up my rifle - unbeleivable the way it came out. Will have a video to share with y'all soon.

'Quick-Stevens Runnin'Guns' outfit did a fantastic job!! :D

You're CLEARLY exaggerating... :blush:

SEND IT TO ME ASAP..so I can do a detailed non-interested third-party appraisal of the work. -_-

I'll get it back to you the NEXT time we shoot together...PROMISE! ;)

Heee Haaa Gunner..I can't wait ta watch ya in action.. :) With the Ketchup and Doots workin on it you'll be shootin so fast,and layin down so much smoke the spotters wont beable to see misses.. ;) There is some to be said about Doc's Jack-a-matic. He's one of the fastest reloader I have ever seen .. :D

Good Luck with that slicked up Marlin.. ;)

Heee Haaa Crazy Mingo :wacko::wacko::FlagAm:

Heee Haaa Gunner..I can't wait ta watch ya in action.. :) With the Ketchup and Doots workin on it you'll be shootin so fast,and layin down so much smoke the spotters wont beable to see misses.. ;) There is some to be said about Doc's Jack-a-matic. He's one of the fastest reloader I have ever seen .. :D

Gunner did mention that he's out for your blood Mingo. And looking at scores lately I think he's got your number. Best start hitting the practice sessions a bit harder.

Thanks pard ~ it's cool for sure...I don't think I will be able to keep up with it :lol:

Gunner did mention that he's out for your blood Mingo. And looking at scores lately I think he's got your number. Best start hitting the practice sessions a bit harder.

:lol: Yup - not only did you 'Quick-Stevens' pards work the Marlin over really good...seems I'm also getting a lesson on how to trash talk!! :lol::lol:

:P

:lol: Yup - not only did you 'Quick-Stevens' pards work the Marlin over really good...seems I'm also getting a lesson on how to trash talk!! :lol::lol:

:P

Hey GG: when you own and shoot a Marlin, it ain't trash talk.....its Braggin. :lol::lol::lol:

..........Widder

Heee Haaa Doots.. Thanks for the warnin Doots.. ^_^ I have had a feelin that he's got me in is sights :unsure:

Heee Haaa Widder.. I don't know much about trash talk.. :huh: Maybe its becouse I don't own a Marlin.. ;) We'll see if Gunner picks up any trash talk the next time I shoot at Rockford, in the Town of Liberty.. :P

Well pards (and you too Crazy 'a-Mingo') Here is the video I tried. Someday I hope to have a better camera so I can show details...hope y'all like it:

Well pards (and you too Crazy 'a-Mingo') Here is the video I tried. Someday I hope to have a better camera so I can show details...hope y'all like it:

Nice video Gunner. I am glad that you are happy with your rifle.

KQ

Hey GG: when you own and shoot a Marlin, it ain't trash talk.....its Braggin. :lol::lol::lol:

..........Widder

It ain't braggin' if ya back it up !~

Nice video Gunner. I am glad that you are happy with your rifle.

KQ

Thanks pard - you and Deuce did some fine work! ;)

It ain't braggin' if ya back it up !~

Maybe this rifle might just get me to that step :D

Hope so pard', let's see it in action in the next video !~

Yup - part 2...will be at the match in April.

Thanks for watchin' it...

I'm sad cause I can't get the vid on my home puter.

I'll have to wait till tomorrow and check it out at work.

..........Widder

It's nothing too exciting - but it is a nod to Quick-Stevens and it's a little sit down explaination. More folks should start doing 'animated' vids. It's an interesting thing. :lol:

Hey Gunner, come out Wed to the 'Old Coot Shoot'.

Crazy, you come too.

Marlin shooters don't need to brag. Just stating facts.

Drover Dan

Boy, sure wish I could, but I gotta head outta town on bees-nis.

"Hey! Who you callin 'old coot'?" (Silverado)

Gunner, I flicked the lever on my '73 and now my finger hurts and it did not open all the way. I am jealous! :rolleyes:

Now let us see a video of ya shootin it.

With BP of course.

Now let us see a video of ya shootin it.

With BP of course.

Yessir ~ per post #29 that be the ide'r...

Thanks for taking the time to watch my lil' video..

Archived