SASS Wire Forum

WTB 45lc pistols 5.5 barrels to complete my starter rig.

Well I got the SxS and I now have the '73 so it is time to get the pistols and before I "stimulate the economy" I thought I would "Stimulate this community". Thought I might have a better chance asking than to just stand on the bank watching classifieds hoping a pair might swim by.

Rugers would be first choice in either Old or New Vaquero and have felt best in hand with the Bisley but std plow grip not out of the picture.

So if you have a pair in the safe that would be happier on the range offer up and lets see if we can come to terms.

Rugers would be first choice in either Old or New Vaquero and have felt best in hand with the Bisley but std plow grip not out of the picture.

So if you have a pair in the safe that would be happier on the range offer up and lets see if we can come to terms.

I tried to send you a message but there seems to be a glitch in the system

I have two pairs of Old model vaqueros for sale that you may be interested in

I can be reached at Coffee7008@aol.com

Best to you

Coffee

I have two blue color case hardened old model Vaqueros with 5.5" barrels in 45LC. These are the 1994 limited edition models with the engraved cylinders and white grips. They have the plastic boxes and paper work. I sent them to Long Hunter for full action jobs, including the widening of the rear sight and the fitting of removable Belt Mountain cylinder pins (I still have the original pins). Not counting the cylinder pin replacement, you can see from Long Hunter's website that the action work on each gun cost $160. The revolvers have only been fired at three matches -- then I switched to Colts/clones because I preferred the smaller frame.

I also have left and right strong side El Paso Saddlery "The Shootist" holsters that were made to fit these revolvers -- also only used at three matches. These holsters were purchased new by me at a cost of $140 each.

In addition, I have a plain old model Vaquero with 5.5" in 45LC(blue)with no action job that I bought because I thought I might need a back up. It is also in its original plastic box with papers.

I won't split the limited edition revolvers, but I am ready to sell some or all of this stuff to make room for other guns. I am willing to take a money order and upon receipt then Fed Ex overnight to the FFL holder of your choice. I will sell the two limited edition old model Vaqueros by themselves for $1,000.00.

You can see the same model Vaquero (only it has a 4.5" barrel)for sale on GunsAmerica at http://www.gunsamerica.com/946276454/Guns/Pistols/Ruger-Single-Action-Revolvers/Cowboy-Action/VAQUERO_ENGRAVED_CYLINDER.htm.

PM me if you are interested.

Thanks for the PM's and the offers y'all.

Some rite nice pieces flowing into my email.

I am going to dig through the pics and respond with any questions as I have them.

Iffin anyone else has something to add to the plate, I will be lookin through the weekend.

Archived