SASS Wire Forum

I had a FUN day...not

Long Jim Hancock

I've been in pain with an injury from my LEO days, which resulted in 3 disks getting

bulged out and pressing on a nerve bundle in my right back and hip. This has caused me to at times, lose control of my right leg motor functions and drag my foot. Last june I got the first of unknown number of epidural spinal injections to halt, or ease the pain and restore mobility. The first went well for 3 months, the second didn't help much, and this time I had a more specific injectio performed under local and with CT scan.

All I can say is YEOUCH! MAN that was like getting a knife hammered into the bottom of my foot, along with a leg version of a major league funny-bone hit up may leg into my rear. :o

Right now, I don't have any pain, that's one of only the second times I haven't had pain in the last 18 years.

I'm BUYIN'! :wub:

Long Jim,

Had many of them, didn't like the first one at all. Felt like they stuck an ice pick in my spine and tried to lift me off the table. Nearly passed out and threw up, and I really have a high pain threshold. After that they did all the others with conscious sedation. Piece of cake from then on. I did have to have a driver though if I didn't want to wait at least an hour after it was over. You may consider doing it that way next time.

Hope this helps.

Safe trails,

CKid

Look at it this way, Brother... I coulda been behind the needle...!!! See... don't you feel better already...???

Vaya con Dios

Flint said he coulda been behind ya with his needle??? :blink:

Sure hope you feel better soon my brother from another mother!

Miss my Oregon family somethin fearce!

OWEEOWEEOWEEOWEETequila pleaseOWEEOWEE

I've been in pain with an injury from my LEO days, which resulted in 3 disks getting

bulged out and pressing on a nerve bundle in my right back and hip. This has caused me to at times, lose control of my right leg motor functions and drag my foot. Last june I got the first of unknown number of epidural spinal injections to halt, or ease the pain and restore mobility. The first went well for 3 months, the second didn't help much, and this time I had a more specific injectio performed under local and with CT scan.

All I can say is YEOUCH! MAN that was like getting a knife hammered into the bottom of my foot, along with a leg version of a major league funny-bone hit up may leg into my rear. :o

Right now, I don't have any pain, that's one of only the second times I haven't had pain in the last 18 years.

I'm BUYIN'! :wub:

I hope you are so much better and better until you and God get to meet each other... And I am buying, your money is no good in the Saloon when I am behind the bar, cuz you protected me and mine.. Thanks so much for that....

Flint and I coulda fixed that right up for ya with my Stihl, a leather strap, and a mongoose. :blink::wacko::huh:

I think Okie is on to something here Pard. I mean...he IS a licensed physi phisy er... Doctor.

I think I remember that last time you wasn't in any pain, but you were passed out so I don't think that counts. ;)

Sorry it hurt so dern bad but I hope it helps.

Charlie

My good friend's wife just had one of those. She said it was the most pain she's ever had. She's good now though and has been pain free for at least the last month. Hope your's works as well. Rye

Long Jim

I have had a few of those shots myself, last one was 2 years last October. Thought I was going to die that time, or at least wished I could. But after that one the pain in that leg & side of my back has nearly vanished. I wish you the same luck.

Next Tuesday I am getting one in my neck for the first time. More than a little nervous but the same Doc is doing this one as did the one in the back.

Glad to here you are pain free for now! Now you and Mo get back to work on the Chapel fund raising, so we all have a place to sit and talk with our God about easing the pain of all our friends.

Marlin

I am danged happy to hear that the shot is working for you! That is great news! I tried one for my neck problems and all it did was make things hurt worse. Even though I was sedated, the shot hurt like hell and aggravated the symptoms for quite a while afterwards. Eventually, I ended up with a beautiful piece of titanium screwed to a couple of vertebrae in my neck. I am hoping the best for you and that the shots will work for you so you don't have to end up with any permanently attached hardware.

You folks are the BEST... :wub:

Thanks for all the well wishes..all the way from Deutschland! ^_^

I'm much betterm the 3 diferent pain compounds they used had diffeent half-lifes, so the main long-term one is working now..and YES

I had ANTETY chauffer me around...with all the tsunamis sirens going off it woulda been QUITE a ride home... :lol:

As to the tsunami...we live 166 feet above the bay and ocean and 1 mile inland..no worries. ;)

You folks are the BEST... :wub:

Thanks for all the well wishes..all the way from Deutschland! ^_^

I'm much betterm the 3 diferent pain compounds they used had diffeent half-lifes, so the main long-term one is working now..and YES

I had ANTETY chauffer me around...with all the tsunamis sirens going off it woulda been QUITE a ride home... :lol:

As to the tsunami...we live 166 feet above the bay and ocean and 1 mile inland..no worries. ;)

Hope that the shots do it for you Jim; had the spinal shots and they did limited good for me; looking at spinal surgery somewheres down the line but hope I can put it off for quite awhile; don't want to get "fused".

Hope that the shots do it for you Jim; had the spinal shots and they did limited good for me; looking at spinal surgery somewheres down the line but hope I can put it off for quite awhile; don't want to get "fused".

I extruded one disk and herniated another in my lower back last year about this time. It was severely compressing the spinal cord causing loss of strength and feeling in my foot/leg. It lasted about a month while I was doing the doctor, MRI, spinal surgeon thing. Luckily, the day that I met with the spinal surgeon feeling in my foot started to return. The surgeon told me that I would eventually need the fusion performed, but that I would know when it was time to do it. Since then, all of the strength and feeling has returned to my foot/leg and I am not in constant pain. The pain is pretty bad sometimes, but for the most part I can do what I want to (except play golf). When the time comes though, I will opt for the surgery over getting shots. I would rather get it fixed instead of dragging it out with temporary solutions. I've talked with some people that went through all of the temporary fixes (shots, discectomy, etc) only to have the problems persist. When they finally had the fusion done, they said that it was life changing and they wish that they would have done it from the start.

Good luck with your treatment. I hope that it works out for you.

....so then the "Stove up Cowboy" category is getting more congested agin???

....jeez.....there goes the neighborhood......

re: " with my Stihl, a leather strap, and a mongoose"......look out if they start talking about a gerbil....

Archived