SASS Wire Forum

Texas shootin

Madd Mike #8595

I am headin to EOT, with my RV

was wondering where the closest, to NM, "Texas, monthy shoots are"

after EOt, that might have free camping (fuel alone is taxing these days)

need to add a new state to my :ph34r: git er done :ph34r: list

MM, I believe those around Amarillo would fit that bill, Clarendon, Levelland, Plainview and that non-SASS club in Canyon (IIRC) where Lone Dog shoots. Ain't sure about their campin' deals, but a bit farther and, I for one, would love to have you visit LSFSC an' shoot with us. Just be ready for "sweltering", might not be as "hot" as LV, but it ain't a "dry" heat! :D :D

Depends on when you are comin' through:

Come on down!

If you can get to Lubbock on the 4th Saturday visit Purgatory Ridge, about a 15 minute drive.

http://purgatoryridge.net/

Paste this Long/Lat into Google Maps: 33°29'44.27"N 101°39'7.77"W

If you are near here on another date, try these:

Bounty Hunters (second Saturday) about a 40 minute drive frin Lubbock

http://www.bountyhun...nformation.html

Paste this Long/Lat into Google Maps: 33°44'24.18"N 102°23'32.11"W

OR

Gruesome Gulch (third Saturday) about a 50 minute drive north of Lubbock (or South from Amarillo)

http://www.gruesomegulchgang.com/

Paste this Long/Lat in Google Maps: 34°18'12.61"N 101°43'42.66"W

Olen

Comanche Trail Shootists , near Midland , shoots first Saturdays , which will be July 2. It is just a little further south of Lubbock , 'bout nuther 150 miles. Far as camping ,I believe you could camp at the range , but it is about 22 miles from town. There is a nice little park here in Crane , or you could park in my driveway.

Come on down , Rex :D

"Close" is a relative term in Texas, but you can park it by my barn and shoot a different SASS club every Sat and Sun for the whole month if you like. :rolleyes:

Unless you plan on continuing your vacation after EOT Texas would be waaay out of your way as we are quite a ways east of Founder's Ranch. The closest club to EOT would be the Canadian River Regulators @ Clarendon, a distance of 290 miles. :unsure:

Christmas in July in Abilene put on by Texas Slim and his bunch of misfits

is a good fun little annual. Don't know about camping.

Shooting at the Bar 3 on the 3rd weekend.

He has hook-ups. But if you wanted to dry camp.

Bet Bone would go for that.

And like Mack. If close or going through and need to stay around here.

You could put in here. Plug into the barn and not worry about it.

Got water outlets all over.

Oakwood Outlaws on 2nd weekend is a great place to shoot also.

But then. None of the above is that close to NM border.

Madd Mike,

Come on over! Canadian River Regulators shoot the 2nd, 3rd and 5th Saturdays just outside Clarendon, Texas. From Founder's Ranch you'd head east on I-40 to Amarillo, then southeast on US 287 50 miles to Clarendon. The Bar H Dude Ranch, where we shoot, allows campers. I believe there is a very modest fee. We'd love to have you stop in and bust some caps with us.

Steeldust Dan

Howdy MM,

How about you come shoot Hell on Wheels in Wyoming, 7hrs due North in Cheyenne WY, it's the next weekend after EOT.

KK

Mike I will be at my place in san angelo in july I have a couple of hookups you can leave your trailer there and make a bunch of shoots all in about a 1 to 1 1/2 hr drive might be shorter the way you drive. and its just a couple of hours from your daughter.

Dusty

The SASS Wire clubs/events/schedule page says the Canadian River Regulators shoot on the 2nd, 3rd, and 5th SUNDAYS. We don't. We shoot second third and fifth SATURDAYS. Never shot on Sundays except at the annual. July has a fifth Saturday. We will have a combined Wild Bunch/Cowboy shoot that day. Come on.

The food at the Bar H is great. Camping is cheap and Frank and DeeDee will treat you right. You can also hunt hogs year round if ye've a mind to. Come on.

Edited to update: the clubs page has been fixed to show us shooting on Saturdays instead of Sundays. thanks to whoever finally took care of that for us. The other club I shoot at (in Pampa not Canyon)has no camping and no vittles. Everyone has to leave after the steel is on the trailer and then we lock the gates. Non-SASS match on 4th Saturday. MM, you'd like that little shoot as the rifle targets are out there where they used to be "back in the day". There has never been a shoot in Canyon. We were almost to Canyon when we shot at the old Amarillo city range but that's been better part of a decade now.

Mike, I finally got to shoot in Texas this past Fall. I shot the Halloween match in Cleburne and then Comin' Atcha. Man, are you in for a treat. Good bunch of folks down there...for a little state. :) They sure know how to have a good time and treat visitors like family.

Four Bucks

wow

so many great Texas offers............

it looks like the Texas SASS family is very alive and well

I am a gunna print this and take it with me

iffen I aint found a job by EOT time,

and nothing round here indicates that construction will return soon

then I will be wondering into the alamo state after EOT

iffen ya see a madd0ne, washing windsheilds in truckstops for fuel

smile and wave

it cud be me, workin my way down the road

the :wub: kidd :wub: says July is really buzy with her internship work hours,

but

Texas shootin

and just seenin her for a few minutes, will be mighty nice

TURN NORTH! This ain't time for dilly dallying, Son. That's the time for HELL ON WHEELS. XXX are you thinkin', Boy? B)

Re-adjust that calendar device! Comancheria Days SASS TX State Championships are 13-15 May.. THEN turn west, my Son to Rocky Mtn Regional Raid then to Grand Junction CO for CO State, then to Cortez CO then to EOT and THEN to HOW.

Need a rider? :lol: :lol: :lol:

TURN NORTH! This ain't time for dilly dallying, Son. That's the time for HELL ON WHEELS. XXX are you thinkin', Boy? B)

Re-adjust that calendar device! Comancheria Days SASS TX State Championships are 13-15 May.. THEN turn west, my Son to Rocky Mtn Regional Raid then to Grand Junction CO for CO State, then to Cortez CO then to EOT and THEN to HOW.

i got the time

need fuel sponsor.......really baddly

:lol: I can live on road kill (food wise) :lol:

You might need to check with Texas Slim. Im not sure if Butter Field is having Christmas in July this year.

Two Gun

Sad to hear that.

Always had fun there.

Don't give up on them just yet...Butterfield Trail Regulators are moving to a new range and might have their hands full just now.

Olen

That's it. Re-adjust.

Come to Texas before EOT instead of after.

Shoot Texas State. Be a great warm up for ya.

And you would get to see and meet more folks.

Well, then, you won't starve in Texas!

I don't recommend the possum-on-a-half-shell... and definately avoid those black cats with the big white stripe down the back.

My favorite is Bumper Bambi Fondue. Talk about finger lickin' good.

Well, then, you won't starve in Texas!

I don't recommend the possum-on-a-half-shell... and definately avoid those black cats with the big white stripe down the back.

Why did the chicken cross the road?

To show the possums and the armadillos it could be done.

Archived