SASS Wire Forum

sharps rifle difference between makers

Trigger Mike

I went to a buffalo shooters match once with a trapdoor and competed against sharps and high wall shooters. I was horrible of course, but my question is this. Each one ke;pt telling me to get a pedersoli or shiloh and not an armisport. Said Armisport would not last as long. Why is armi sport not as good as the other brands? Are they less accurate? Are they made with cheaper metal?

I went to a buffalo shooters match once with a trapdoor and competed against sharps and high wall shooters. I was horrible of course, but my question is this. Each one ke;pt telling me to get a pedersoli or shiloh and not an armisport. Said Armisport would not last as long. Why is armi sport not as good as the other brands? Are they less accurate? Are they made with cheaper metal?

YES!

Pedersoli is the best of the imports. Armisport is very hit or miss on quality. Some are great. Some are not.

My first Sharps was a Pedersoli. It was amazingly accurate and fun to shoot.

My second was a Shiloh. Amazingly accurate, fun to shoot, absolutely gorgeous with perfect fit and finish, and American-made.

My third is a Shiloh, but it won't be ready until November. I know it will be worth the wait.

With $ vs Euro exchange rates driving up the price of imports, I'd look seriously at a Shiloh.

C Sharps rifles are made in the USA (like Shiloh...in fact just across town in Big Timber). I would seriously look at thier offerings - as far as shooting...the two BPCR events I attended (did not shoot as I had not had my rifle yet) mentioned that Shiloh, Pedersoli, and C Sharps are excellent shooters that it's dependent on the shooter more than the rifle. Meaning, any top rifleman will be able to shoot either one of those effectively.

My reason for choosing C Sharps was the fact they use highly acclaimed Badger barrels and machine their recievers from solid 8620 steel instead of a casting.

http://www.csharpsarms.com/about.php

http://www.csharpsarms.com/about_two.php

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Also think about a C Sharps, another USA gun , made in MT as well, I have one that is to heavy for me to shoot off hand, but is quite accurate over the hay bales, some would call it aw tack driver,, but I dont use that term never liked it, prefer to use a hammer.. mine is a 75, and I am sending it back for a set trigger fit up...I feel C Sharps and Shilo are about equal.. some one told me they used to be together...

I had a Pedersoli for several years and it was very accurate and came with the double set triggers.The firing trigger could be set so low a mosquito flying by could set it off if you like em that light.I sold it when my left shoulder started bothering me and couldn't hold it steady enough to shoot off-hand.

Archived