SASS Wire Forum

EARLY Pictures

Griff

I attended my first CAS match in 1985. 1st EOT in 1986. I know some of you lurk around here can remember those days... (hopefully), and can help a pard out. Anyone else got some old pictures they'd like to share and reminisce about?

Here's an early pic of a "winning" team from one of those EOTs in the '80s... I can recognize two of 'em... and put a name even... but who're them other three brigands? And while I labeled this one '87, I ain't so sure! I have a couple "team" winner buckles from EOTs, I can't put an exact year to this pic, nor do I remember if we were 3rd, 4th or 5th? I know I remember shooting with them before and after this match... but oh, well... it (memory) can fade. :blush:

Griff, ?, Judge Roy Bean, ?, ?

Cool 'old timey' photo Griff...

Here's me in '98 in front of my Costa Mesa CA gettin' ready to shoot in Norco - my alias back then was 'Jackson' :D

http://i275.photobuc...rGatlin1998.jpg

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Small world. Live in Costa Mesa myself 'til '90. New York Ave... Thank you for sharin'!

Here's me in '98 in front of my Costa Mesa CA gettin' ready to shoot in Norco - my alias back then was 'Jackson' :D

wow Gunner, you look umm..........different. cool pic.

Small world. Live in Costa Mesa myself 'til '90. New York Ave... Thank you for sharin'!

Lived over on Santa Isabel Ave near Madeline's Bar - around 2am I'd always be awoken by the Vago's MC's Harleys :D

Hi Griff,

As I didn't start shooting until 1999, I'm a relative Newbie. This is the only "early" (pre 2001) photo I have on my computer.

Regognize anyone? ;)

Regards,

Allie Mo

Look how long your hair is Ali!! Look how young Bud and Suz are!! :blink:

Ha, Nate! You must mean the big furry one? ;) That is the infamous BJT. Then, you probably guessed that. :unsure: Hope to see you at DG at AC.

Scratch, you might also meet Wild Bill Brisco, Maggie Hunter, and Mudville Slim (in the photo) someday too. I haven't seen the others in a while.

Yep, Rocky. I've still got long hair around here somewhere. :rolleyes:

Dang, Griff and Gunner. My "next door" neighbor (Fiddletown Flash) and his wife (Sterling Starr) are from Costa Mesa (20 years ago). He's retired PD, IIRC.

Regards,

Allie Mo

A hevier Curley

Old Top

Here is me and Old Top. We don't go back too far...we started right after the Last EOT. (almost 20years every year we said we gotta go there. Well a heart attack got our attention. Been shootin ever since.)

nice pix keep em comin

curley

Geez, that was back when we had teeth, hair, energy, memory, etc :lol:

BSD

I have some from 1987 in a photo album, my first year. I wasn't a SASS member back then. I haven't looked at them in more than 10 years. Now this post made me curious...what were the guns and clothes?

'Pert much, the same as now... just "newer" lookin'! Get them pics out and scan 'em in...

Carlos Murphy provided a Chronicle from November 1989.

SASS Chronicle - Nov 1989

My oh my how the SASS Chronicle has changed! I really liked the articles and the ads were interesting. Wonder if many of the vendors are still around?

Thanks for posting this!

I have some from 1987 in a photo album, my first year. I wasn't a SASS member back then. I haven't looked at them in more than 10 years. Now this post made me curious...what were the guns and clothes?

So where's the pictures?

Archived