SASS Wire Forum

Discount for Vets

that is good news the only bad part is I was just down there a couple hours ago

Is this just for one month or every month???

All for now JD Trampas

Forever. AT&T will also discount if you're a teacher or work for the state or Fed government.

Make sure you block out your SSN before they scan it.

Personally I'm real careful about who I give a copy of my DD214 to.

It would have to be a whopper of a discount before I'd give it to a phone company.

Just my view.

Wish I knew about this long ago, have had Verizon for almost 10 years, will check it out to see if the discount is worth it or not, if only 2 or 3 dollars, not worth it IMHO

All for now JD Trampas

P.S. good point Utah Bob about SSN

Department of Defense form 214. It's an official record of your military time, training and awards. You're supposed to get one every time you re-enlist, and/or retire. Unless you have to deal with CG HQ, then in your case you'll never get your copy!

Utah - good call on blocking out the SSN. That's the reason I'm not going to file my copy (IF I ever get it) with the courthouse. Once it's filed, it then becomes a matter of public record. Anyone can request a copy. Don't like that idea much.

My DD 214 does not have my social security number. Apparently sometime after my service they started using social security numbers instead of issueing a military ID number. Fifty years later I still remember my serial number.

My DD 214 does not have my social security number. Apparently sometime after my service they started using social security numbers instead of issueing a military ID number. Fifty years later I still remember my serial number.

:FlagAm: I can tell you when they did that. For 6 weeks of AF basic in 1968 I had a serial number but when I got to my tech school they said to forget it they were now using SSNs as serial numbers.

SaukValley Sam

Archived