SASS Wire Forum

Winchester Buttplates

Amos Cogburn

Anyone know of any Winchester buttplates being offered/reproduced for post-war pre-64 Model 94s? I just re-stocked a Model 53 from a blank and figured the flat steel buttplates used on the post war 94's would be the easiest to find. Anyway, I am waiting to finish the stock out until I can fit the plate to it and I'm not interested in plastic. The fella that cuts the stocks is interested in locating some of those plates as well, as I think they would be pretty universal. Thanks for any help!

Amos

Haven't yet had a chance to order from the folks at Bob's Gun Shop, but they have several interesting steel (and brass) buttplates listed for the '94:

http://www.gun-parts.com/buttplates/

Good luck, GJ

Anyone know of any Winchester buttplates being offered/reproduced for post-war pre-64 Model 94s? I just re-stocked a Model 53 from a blank and figured the flat steel buttplates used on the post war 94's would be the easiest to find. Anyway, I am waiting to finish the stock out until I can fit the plate to it and I'm not interested in plastic. The fella that cuts the stocks is interested in locating some of those plates as well, as I think they would be pretty universal. Thanks for any help!

Amos

If I remember correctly a 53 is on a 92 type action they were pre war guns I might have a pre war style but plate . These were serated with a slight curve from left to right . I you have intrest in it I will look for it .

Woodfox

Amos

Haven't yet had a chance to order from the folks at Bob's Gun Shop, but they have several interesting steel (and brass) buttplates listed for the '94:

http://www.gun-parts.com/buttplates/

Good luck, GJ

Thanks Garrison Joe, I will drop them a line and see what they have.

Amos

If I remember correctly a 53 is on a 92 type action they were pre war guns I might have a pre war style but plate . These were serated with a slight curve from left to right . I you have intrest in it I will look for it .

Woodfox

Woodox,

You got me thinking again. I have a couple of 94 carbines at home, one a '29 eastern model with a shotgun butt and other '53 with the flat steel. I was thinking that the flat steel type would be the best and most accuarate fit, but I can't recall what the older one looks like ... I think it is as you describe. I'll take a look and get back to you.

Much obliged,

Amos

Archived