SASS Wire Forum

FFL Transfer Fees

Bourbon Butch

Howdy -

Pre-ordered my CAS "load out" from Cody Conagher at The Cowboy Shop. Placed my deposit on 2 Taylor Smoke Wagons and a Taylor 1873 Trapper - all tuned by Cody and in 38SP. Also, asked him to order up a Taylor 12-ga SxS and "polish" it up for me. Now I just have to wait!!!

My question . . . anyone know of a trustworthy FFL around these parts (San Diego or neighboring areas) who'll do the FFL transfers and receive the 4 firearms for less than an "arm and a leg"? I've checked with a few places and they either will not do it (too much paperwork and no profit) or they want $100+ for each firearm! My last shop in WA state (before the Navy transferred me) charged me $25/firearm - last time I ordered multiples, he only charged me once! That guy got all my repeat business.

Thanks, pards!

BB

Howdy -

Pre-ordered my CAS "load out" from Cody Conagher at The Cowboy Shop. Placed my deposit on 2 Taylor Smoke Wagons and a Taylor 1873 Trapper - all tuned by Cody and in 38SP. Also, asked him to order up a Taylor 12-ga SxS and "polish" it up for me. Now I just have to wait!!!

My question . . . anyone know of a trustworthy FFL around these parts (San Diego or neighboring areas) who'll do the FFL transfers and receive the 4 firearms for less than an "arm and a leg"? I've checked with a few places and they either will not do it (too much paperwork and no profit) or they want $100+ for each firearm! My last shop in WA state (before the Navy transferred me) charged me $25/firearm - last time I ordered multiples, he only charged me once! That guy got all my repeat business.

Thanks, pards!

BB

BB -

You didn't say where in San Diego. GunBroker.com has a searchable list of FFLs with contact info and fee list. Go here and search by your zip code: California FFLs

Thanks, pards!

BB

Welcome to California, being a transplant myself I had to learn all of the hoops the hard way(I was used to paying $15, hah!). Most FFL's in NorCal are charging $75 for a transfer, although by digging I found one that will do it for $45. As many long guns(rifles, shotguns) can go on a transfer as you want, but each pistol has to have a separate transfer. Oh, and you do have your Handgun Safety Certificate too right? Not hard to pass, but they'll ding you another $25 for that.

i was expecting the "support your local.." B)

My next set (maybe 1860 Army conversions!!!), I'll check out the Cowboy & Indian Shop. I hear it's worth the drive. Also, learned today that since I'm active duty military, I'm exempt from the crazy CA requirement for a handgun safety cert. That'll save me $25 or so! That's more ammo!

BB :lol:

Archived