SASS Wire Forum

FFL fees

RHL

I know three that charge $20, and three others who do it for naught if you are a member of their CAS club.

I'm one of those that doesn't charge for club members.OR good friends that buy a lot of guns from me.Seems to me if I remember right,I didn't charge you did I J Bar?

We charge $60 to do a transfer + state regisatration fees of $25 and CA requires that I collect sales tax on the transaction if it's from an out-of-state vendor. We are also the cheapest in 50 miles for transfers. Most other shops don't want the hassle of receiving your guns and babysitting them until the deal closes. If CA didn't have a 10-day waiting period between the time you register your gun and the time you pick it up, I probably wouldn't charge as much. But since I have to have it take up space in my vault for 10 or more days, you pays what you pays.

Oh, and Nate...I wish you would stop making the CA CFLC process out to be such a burden. You and I both know just how long it takes from start to finish to obtain a "shipping approval" letter through the system. It takes about a minute. Also, it costs you nothing to get on the system. So, that $5 add-on sounds a little ridiculous now. Doesn't it? What does that work out to on an hourly basis? $300 an hour? Good money if you can get it.

In a perfect world it only takes a minute. But, if the the information transmitted to me is not correct it will require more emails and/or phone calls. The $5 is for the those. Just maybe one of these days all you california FFL's will figure out how to do it correctly the first time.

Beside, what are you comlaining about. Many FFL's won't deal with California at all.

Round these parts its 20+. Heavy on the plus.

We now get taxed on the "true" value of the gun on all tranfers (Think of it like transfering the registration of a car, used or new, you gotta pay the tax and liscense fees).

Bought a rifle off the Wire. Had to pay over $120 to pick it up from FFL.

I just bought a Colt SAA off Gunbroker. Two local gun stores here in Eastern Iowa offered transfers for the same amount-- $25. I bought from the one that had the best reloading supply selection.

I just bought a Colt SAA off Gunbroker. Two local gun stores here in Eastern Iowa offered transfers for the same amount-- $25. I bought from the one that had the best reloading supply selection.

I did the same thing, thats a coincidence.

I bought about $140 worth of reloading components and dies from the place that i'm using for the transfers. Its a good thing my motorcycle gets about 50mpg since this place is out of town, they have a nice supply of reloading gear. lol

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

I am an FFL in Nebraska(30+ yrs now). I own Wild West Arms. The usual fees range from $20 to $60.

I usually don't charge a big fee to my regular customer gun trading fellers.

To a first time customer who blind-sides me with a Gun broker transfer (who won't be back to buy anything), I charge at the higher end.

For those who feel it oughta be free or cheap, they gotta figure someone has to pay my $1800/year FFL insurance & light bills & internet & phone & license fees.

Sorry, I won't be around to be Wire-flamed about my commission charges.

I'm going out of town on training for a while.

MG

when I buy a gun from my gun guy all I pay is tax & the $25 state fee....for a two party transfer it is $25 state fee + $25 for his trouble = $50 bucks....Say I buy a gun off gun broker and have it shipped to him its $25 state fee + tax on the price of the gun & $35 for his trouble = $65 + Tax

I am an FFL in Nebraska(30+ yrs now). I own Wild West Arms. The usual fees range from $20 to $60.

I usually don't charge a big fee to my regular customer gun trading fellers.

To a first time customer who blind-sides me with a Gun broker transfer (who won't be back to buy anything), I charge at the higher end.

For those who feel it oughta be free or cheap, they gotta figure someone has to pay my $1800/year FFL insurance & light bills & internet & phone & license fees.

Sorry, I won't be around to be Wire-flamed about my commission charges.

I'm going out of town on training for a while.

MG

Not to mention the time it takes to enter the gun in the books and store it while the person gets there, then tyin up an employee while he waits for the customer to fill out the 4473 and then call it in.

Rye Miles:

AMEN, BROTHER!

It takes a lot of recourses to do it.

Mustang

My friend, who's an FFL, doesn't charge me anything. I've tried to give him money, but he won't take it. Gave him 1000 primers last year or the year before, when they were scarce. Bought him a good BBQ lunch last month. I try not to abuse the privelege.

My friend, who's an FFL, doesn't charge me anything. I've tried to give him money, but he won't take it. Gave him 1000 primers last year or the year before, when they were scarce. Bought him a good BBQ lunch last month. I try not to abuse the privelege.

I have a friend that does the same......you find some great folks in this world if you look hard enough.....

I'm one of those that doesn't charge for club members.OR good friends that buy a lot of guns from me.Seems to me if I remember right,I didn't charge you did I J Bar?

Nope, you've done one or two for me for nuttin'. :) And many thanks!

The FFL I use is in Covington, Washington. Charges $40 for each transfer - only on used guns or if he doesn't have the same gun on his rack. New, ifn ya don't buy from me, forget it.

I need to find me a new FFL. Only been here a short while.

My brother gave me a three screw .375 Mag Ruger Blackhawk, fired little, barely any cylinder ring. It has been converted, but it has all the original parts. He said Washington requires that he charge me sales tax, that part was reasonable enough after his valuation of the gun. Still over $60, though.

In SE Idaho, Rexburg and Idaho Falls, the going rate is $15 or $20 depending on how far you want to drive.

Doc McGee

In the North and Northwest suburbs of Chicago I have found two who will transfer for $30 and several that will charge $50 or more. The good news is my previous $30 place was far away. I just found a new $30 place right in my town. No question who to go with.

I just picked up a pair of guns that I bought while in AZ. and had sent to local gun shop for the transfer. Cost $50 for the transfers and took about 40 minutes for us to fill out the forms (CT. has an additional set of them plus the extra because it was a pair) and get the call done.

Archived