SASS Wire Forum

OT: shotguns

Slowhand Bob, 24229

Figuring Three Gun might be popular with SASS shooters, where available, does anyone play this game? I was looking at ordering the Remington 1100 Tac(t) 4 when someone mentioned that there was a Tact 2 version also. It seems that the differences are, Tact 2 has a pistol grip stock, 18" barl and six shot mag tube capacity. Tact 4s come with standard grip style stock, 22" barl and eight round tube. My cost for the Tact 4 will run around a hundred dollars more and this leads me to ask, will the extra four mean a lot in this style competition. I have used both stock styles on shotguns and consider that feature a toss-up. Really wondering if this game is still catching on or has its growth been hurt by the timing of our economy woes? I would like to see it offered locally, but would the cowboys be interested in this variant of the rifle, pistol and shotgun?

They hold 3 gun every so often at Greenville Gun Club in Greenville SC. I have shot a few there and they only hold them on a full moon when all the stars line up just right. But keep an eye out here to see when the next one will be.

Thanks Junky, that should get me to some folks who are familiar with Three Gun and know what I need to find out. There was some talk in Charleston about holding a couple of matches some time back but maybe I need to stir the pot a bit. With three action shooting venues already, perhaps we could squeeze in one more. Though the IPSC guys do shoot the rifle and shotgun, I think it is more like a side match affair rather than mixed shooting like we do in SASS.

Archived