SASS Wire Forum

A Time Machine

Okay, we all know that the DeLorean is ont he homepage cuz it's the "time machine" from Back the Future. And, as we all know, SASS is the closest you can get to the Old West wothout a time machine.

But...

A DeLorean?

Could we not come up with something a little more "true to the era?"

If we wanna stick with the Back to the Future movie, then there is the locomotive from the final scene, which was made, in the story at least, int he Old West, but that might be a little less obvious to the causal viewer.

So, what? The time machine from the George Pal movie, The Time Machine comes to mind. It's kinda sorta, "of the period," so that makes it a worthy candidate, and it is a fairly recognizable time machine.

Personally, I like to nominate a late 1800's London Police Emergancy Call Box, possible the most recognizable time machine of them all.

After all, the Tardis can go anyplace, as well as anywhen.

And, this of course, is a very silly topic. Please don't take it overly seriously.

In the movie, "Doc" said he chose the DeLorean because of the stainless steel body. Perhaps it has to do with the finish being like some guns.

It is the most readily identifiable time machine in the American mythology of time travel.

Oh, PHOOEY on DeLorean vs HG Wells vs Train time machine.... Them's side issues. What I wanna know is who's gonna PAY for the 1.21 GIGAWATTS that runs that there flux capacitor! :blink: I mean, energy prices are through the roof an' they're talking about rolling blackouts...... :lol::lol::lol:

Time Machine, and how 'bout them scary Morlocks down there running a giant washing machine making noise. :ph34r::rolleyes:B):wacko: and I had to walk home in the dark after the show. :( I was already 8 yrs. old.

Think about it.....just what is period correct for a time machine! Plus, Doc has the patent rights on the Flux Capacitor AND Mr. Fusion so they have the market cornered. Maybe Obama will jump in a deregulate the monopoly and then we may see a time stagecoach.

Oh, PHOOEY on DeLorean vs HG Wells vs Train time machine.... Them's side issues. What I wanna know is who's gonna PAY for the 1.21 GIGAWATTS that runs that there flux capacitor! :blink: I mean, energy prices are through the roof an' they're talking about rolling blackouts...... :lol::lol::lol:

Hmmm...if I remember correctly, all Doc needed to do was pour in a beer or two, crush and add the cans, and maybe some banana peels, too???

LL

I think an outhouse would be da perfect "Time Machine"........

And my wife agrees ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, She says I spend to much Time in there already ...

:blink::D:lol::blush::blush::D

Jabez Cowboy

HG Wells didn't have a Flux Capaciter........I like the Delorian

"But why a DeLorean?"

Just showed BTTF I locally a few days ago- per Doc Brown (and this is probably not an exact quote) "If you're going to make a time machine out of a car, why not do it with some style?"

The DeLorean was chosen because "this sucker's electric"!

Let's not identify too much with the movie, though. I can see it all now:

"Stage One. Ten-ten-four plus. At the beep, take the shredded pieces of the note and a roll of scotch tape..." My times are slow enough.

"Stage Two. Zero-zero-25 plus. At the beep pick up the shotgun and engage S-2 until the 'Twin Pines Mall' becomes 'Lone Pine Mall'." That one might be worthwhile.

Archived