SASS Wire Forum

SASS match software

Matthew Duncan

I haven't had the opportunity to try their software.

I do have to opportunity to post scores for a few clubs.

Questions:

Can misses be included with the stage times?

Multiple pages I manually edit to create one page. Is there an option to create the match report into one page automatically?

Questions:

Multiple pages I manually edit to create one page. Is there an option to create the match report into one page automatically?

convert to x-ell , they you can customize that shoot easier

Matthew;

Your question of weather misses can be included with stage times the answere is yes.

In the reports there is a final scores with extra's. It prints out all penalties.

Marshal Stone

As Mike said, you can export as an excel file then reformat as you like. That is what I do.

But, no the program does not have the option to put it all on one page if you have more than a few shooters.

To see good examples of what the program generates, see:

Abbrevviated Report

Detailed Report

I start with the Excel export, then I slightly reformat using excel.

I move the Rank column since it is normally by the raw time, which is confusing. I also add a column for total misses for the match. Then add a row at the bottom with the averages.

Folks seem to like the added detail to help them analyze how they did - including seeing the rank on individual stages, even when looking at a total time match.

http://www.mulecampcowboys.com/scores/2011/Jan11Rank.pdf

http://www.mulecampcowboys.com/scores/2011/Jan11Cat.pdf

Excel.

Does an Excel "converter" come with the SASS software or must be purchased the Excel program be separate?

I'm not directly interested in how to operate or which scoring program is the best. The clubs I post scores for use the SASS program. I'm asking questions so that I don't make my end of posting scores easier by making their end of compiling them more difficult.

Howdy:

This is a link to some free software for running a match.

http://www.hootenoldtown.com/alanbillips/files.htm

Lefty

While I definately have a preference with what program to use...

ha

Use the program you have to export an excel file. Then format the data the way you want.

You should then, be able to force the program to print to however many pages you want.

I would then convert to a pdf document to post to the internet.

Try openoffice.org

or LibreOffice.org

for free office like programs. These include the equivelent of word and excel and will read and write Microsoft files.

Note: I have not used myself, but have read much about them.

For free PDF convertor try

cutepdf

or primoPDF

It works fine.

Bless you a whole bunch! May we help you 'git er done' and keep it going without burnout to you!

Questions:

Yes. Help the individual club scorekeepers determine which/how many reports they want posted. The current SASS software is capable of exporting any reports to an Adobe pdf file. If any of thye club software versions will not, set them up with one of the free pdf "printers" AA mentioned. If you don't like those, Google "free pdf printer". With a pdf "printer" installed, you guessed it, you make anything that is printable into a pdf file. Have them send pdf files to you.

Stop that! HTML tables are way bloated for size on your server, slow to load for end users (compared to the same data in pdf), AND work intensive each time you build a new page. They will be especially large if you are combining multiple reports into one HTML page for the web site. If you get multiple pdf files and want to make one document for posting, use a free pdf combiner like "PDF995" (they have a whole suite of pdf goodies). Keep us posted on your adventure. I see posts on this topic by pards who really care about scoring.

Artic

Questions:

Can misses be included with the stage times? YES, AND ANY P'S,,,,,IT WILL ALSO GIVE INDIVIDUAL POSSE TIMES, AND A AVERAGE TIME PER STAGE.

Multiple pages I manually edit to create one page. Is there an option to create the match report into one page automatically? YES,, YOU CAN HAVE IT KICK OUT IN PDF FORMAT OR HTML FILE, EITHER ONE IS ON ONE PAGE, THAT DEPENDS ON HOW MANY SHOOTERS ATTENDED, WILL ONLY DO SO MANY PER PAGE... THE NEW PROGRAM IS GREAT, WE HAVE IT,,,,AND IT WORKS ON SEVERAL DIFFERENT OS,,,AND THE PRINT CERTIFICATES IS GREAT,,,,JUST PUSH THE BUTTON, AND IT STARTS PRINTING OUT ALL THE CERTIFICATES....IT'S GREAT..BEAR CREEK REVEREND

Archived