SASS Wire Forum

This rifle is TRYING TO KILL ME!

So.......the thumb is healing well after the FIRST CONTACT with the new Uberti 1873 rifle. :wacko:

Today was it's first Trial by Fire.

All was well for the first few stages.......found a few things that needed some light work.

Stage 4........blazing along until OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! :angry:

That lever/trigger takes a HUGE chunk out of my trigger finger. OUCH!!!

At this rate......this rifle will kill me by the middle of next month!! ^_^

Can you play with your 73 with gloves on?

Gotta Ruger RSP like that: ain't happy till I'm bleeding - especially, if'n I'm givin' it a bath.

It's still lurkin' in the back of the gunsafe. Think yah can help Sub Joe?

Sounds like demonic possession to me...you need to send it to me so I can exorcise them. Might take a few years. ;)

It's obviously cursed. I suggest you send it to me immediately to perform an exorcism.

It's a complicated ritual, and could take several years. :P

Posted two minutes apart. Two wagons in the same rut.

Definite demon rifle, I'd offer to help, but my credentials do not include exorcisms. On the other hand, I'm willing give it a good home if the exorcisms fail and you just want it away from you and yours for safety.

You got thet carrier so dang slick thet thet rifle will keep biting you until you git fast enuff to outrun it! Gotta admit thet the fanger looked mighty soresom and it were still bleeding purty good at the restrant two hours later, ever git it to stop? You might want to try stuffin it with bisquit dough. Ill brang some thread and a needle from my leather kit to the next match and I kin fix you right up. I almost hate to tell you thet sewing aint my strong suit though!!!

A common problem when people switch to a 73 from a Marlin. You'll remember to move your trigger finger different.

Hurts though.....

Bill, I think we need to confiscate that rifle for YOUR safety. It obviously has foul intentions in mind for you and we would be remiss as cowboy pards if we didn't step in and intervene on your behalf. It would be outside the basic tenents of The Cowboy Way for us to allow you to be further bloodied and injured by the wicked hunk o' iron. So...as a personal favor, I will send you a postage-paid shipping box to you so that you may secure that bad gun three thousand miles away from you and further injury. No need to thank me. The smile of gratitude that I am sure will be on your wife's face when we relieve you of this wicked instrument will be thanks enough for me.....

BTW, if you buy into any of this, you are crazier than I am. :P Maybe going forward, you can wear kevlar gloves when handling it. I think I've seen butchers wear them....

Bill,

Can't you read between the lines?

That fine rifle is asking you to give it a proper name besides what you have been calling it.....which I'm sure is something like....you bad, bad gun :lol:

Wyatt

Bad news folks......the rifle is still continuing to win the battle. I shot with Bulls head on Saturday and the rifle won round THREE. It pulled the CLASSIC "lever and trigger finger pinch" move on him and drew blood and left Bill bruised and bloody. He finished the round and I feel he still has a chance win the fight even though it's looking like a Rocky Balboa movie at this point. But it's still early in the fight and we are pulling for you.....maybe we need to start a chant!

Sounds like a bad case of "Lever Action Finger"! Get those occasionally myself, especially when using my 1889( trigger bow is smaller than my 1894's).

Take one of those black and yellow " Hertz Donit's" and check back in a week. Trigger feel is really compromised with a band-aid, too :blush:

Now Pal........I just did'nt deserve that!! ^_^

You're right Bill, how insensitive of me........how about new cowboy clothes.

Bulls Head Bill Cowboy Clothes

Note: for an extra $46.00 you can even get a new cowboy hat to accentuate your new duds. :o

Your pard, Sun

Note: for an extra $46.00 you can even get a new cowboy hat to accentuate your new duds. :o

Your pard, Sun

Now thats funny right there!! :lol::lol::lol:

Regards

:FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Your pard, Sun

Well...........it's NOT my first choice. <_<

But.....a Pard from this Wire HAS called me "Cowboy Frankenstein" on several occasions........how about THIS SET OF DUDS? ;)

Just picture it with a Cowboy hat!

Well...........it's NOT my first choice. <_<

But.....a Pard from this Wire HAS called me "Cowboy Frankenstein" on several occasions........how about THIS SET OF DUDS? ;)

Just picture it with a Cowboy hat!

Looks like it would take an 8 3/4" long oval to fit that head.

Archived