SASS Wire Forum

Baikal MP 220 first impressions

Grizzly Dave

Just got my new Baikal MP 220 home from my FFLs.

I like it! You guys were right though it does need some smoothing, it is WAY stiffer than my TTN was out of the box. I now see what you meant by it doesn't open all the way without a little prodding, once open all the way it does stay open all the way though. It has a thin layer of oil on it, but not hear the huge amount of cosmolene or whatever that my TTN had.

This afternoon I'm going to clean it up good, work the action a few hundred times and maybe take the stock off and see about disabling that pesky auto safety.

Gotta love getting a new toy. For Colorado folks, backgrounds were running a bit more than an hour this morning.

Grizz

Howdy,

Papa Daves cocking levers will work wonders for that shotgun, put a pair on Painted Fillys and they work great.

KK

I love mine. Hope yours gives you good service.

Griz, can you tell check your manual and tell me what the notches on the front edge of the choke tubes mean. I lost my manual and can't tell the modified from the cylinder, etc. Thanks.

Mine doesn't have the screw in chokes, but did find the info in the manual

l - Full

ll - Improved modified

lll - Modified

llll - Improved Cylinder

Cl - Cylinder

Purty scatter-gun Grizz!

Have fun breaking it in its kinda fun & exciting to train a new gun. (or get trained to a new gun.) ;)

I love both of mine grizz. I shot my 97 today in the rain.We did not have a shoot. we all just shot and shot.Jimmy Spurs did my Baikals and they work really good.They would be really fast if I was really fast.Have fun with it Grizz.Did not ware your ,I mean my hat today to much rain.

That dang work thing.

Found another thing that needs attention, the little bitty silver bead on the front of the barrels needs to be covered with, or replaced by a big honkin brass bead.

Archived