SASS Wire Forum

Shot GUNFIGHTER today for the 1st time

Thanks to the Rockford Regulators ~ anotehr fantastic shoot!!

Never tried Gunfighter or even shot two pistols in each hand before today...

LOVED IT!!

Only prob is that Frontier Cartrdige Gunfighter is not a SASS sanctioned category. :( Hope it is someday...the smoke and boom is a hoot :D .Thankfully Rockford (local match) recognizes it.

It will be hard to back to double duelist :lol:

BTW: The match run by Ketchum Quick, Hoot Hamilton, Deuce Stevens, and others again testifies to the fellowship that can only be found in SASS ~ thanks to Deuce who gave me some good safety tips about shooting GF...and a great thanks to Crazy Mingo for the excellent BP shotgun loads :ph34r:

Yup...LOVED IT!!

GG ~ :FlagAm:

oh yeah..Sassy Sunshine made out like a bandit doing brass rat duties today - thanks pards for your generosity

'sOK Gunner, you CAN shoot with Black Powder in the ordinary Gunfighter category too ..... ;)

(you can also use Cap'n'Ball revolvers ... if you want :D)

....... we told you it'd be fun ..... B)

Thanks pard - I'll have to bust out my Ruger Old Army sometime :D

Yup, we got another one hooked.

Went to a match on my 49th birthday thought for a second of signing up for 49er just because but could not do it. Gunfighter is just too much fun.

GF is just Double Duelist with more rhythm. :lol:

Have at it,

Smoke

Heee Haaaa.. Yup I witnessed it.." Awsome" would be the word.. :)" Impressive" would be another.. :lol: Look out Widder.. :D

What a Great Shoot at Rockford.. Doots, Ketchup , Hoot.. You Guys Always have a Great Shoot.. The town of Liberty" Awsome"

Kitchen crew did Great :lol:

Heeee Haaaa Crazy Mingo :wacko::wacko::FlagAm:

Gunner just come up here to New England, all the state shoots offer FCGF as a category. May not be sanctioned yet but our TGs are all voting "Aye" for it everytime they get the chance.

Thank you Gunner and all the other great folks who came out today! We appreciate you coming to our matches. You never know when you are moving a foot or so of snow if it will be worth the effort. But time and again you guys keep making it, freezing rain, blizzard conditions and sleet doesn't keep you guys away! Thanks!!!!

KQ

Sounds like you had a blast, literally :lol:

I've been practicing lefty with my 22's lately, when I finally get back to CAS I figure I'll do a match or two double duelist then try gunfighter, it really does seem like it'd be a ton of fun.

Thanks Gunner and Sassy, and all the pards for comin' out on a day that many won't.........always a pleasure to shOOt with all of you'uns.

We'll do our durndest to make Liberty a place you'll want to come back to, got some neat plans for future shOOts.

hOOt :D:FlagAm:

Thanks Gunner and Sassy, and all the pards for comin' out on a day that many won't.........always a pleasure to shOOt with all of you'uns.

We'll do our durndest to make Liberty a place you'll want to come back to, got some neat plans for future shOOts.

hOOt :D:FlagAm:

Yeah - I have been seein' the town of 'Liberty' grow and look better and better. Please contact me anytime if you need extra hands to help on a weekend...

Shooting GF, either in GF or in BW, is the COOLEST way to shoot yer pistols. It is also the hardest and not nessasarily the fastest, but it is the Coolest!

Praire Dawg has some 10" ROAs that I've shot, now THAT is really COOL. :lol:

I've being shooting GF for nine yrs now! :rolleyes:

CC

Shooting GF, either in GF or in BW, is the COOLEST way to shoot yer pistols. It is also the hardest and not nessasarily the fastest, but it is the Coolest!

CC

:lol: Boy that's the truth....I couldn't believe how many contortions of my face I made tryin' to get through some of the stages

CC

Well I don't have 10" ROA's but I gotta say, if ya like FCGF for the grins and giggles, ya really need a set of 7 1/2" revolvers to break out at least every now and then. Bit hard to get used to on the draw, but when ya got them two big long shootin irons out there, well, there ain't nothin like it.

:lol: Boy that's the truth.... I couldn't believe how many contortions of my face I made tryin' to get through some of the stagesGG ~ :FlagAm:

....... now we're gettin' into tha real secret of gFunfighter ..... :D

Well I don't have 10" ROA's but I gotta say, if ya like FCGF for the grins and giggles, ya really need a set of 7 1/2" revolvers to break out at least every now and then. Bit hard to get used to on the draw, but when ya got them two big long shootin irons out there, well, there ain't nothin like it.

My right side is the 5 1/2 RV and the left is a 7 1/2 RV ..so... I'm halfway there :lol:

Maybe a pair of these (from another thread):

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=218085012

Robocowboy - far out!

Archived