SASS Wire Forum

Hardly any Women at Matches

Aunt Jen

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, so there ARE single AVAILABLE men who shoot? I don't shoot to meet men, but heck, to find a good one would be nice! ;) As other ladies have said, the majority of men are very respectful and if you need assistance, are there to lend a hand.

One of the earlier lady posters hit the target dead center- financially it is harder for a single lady than a single man to participate in this sport. I love and miss it, and hope my life will allow me to get back to shooting soon!

Hey Pards,

I started shooting with my hubby, who no longer shoots. You have treated me so well that I am sticking around without him. I just took my SIL, Shelly, to her first match as a spectator (Battle of the Rogue River in Merlin, OR). Everyone was so nice to her. She understands the addiction.

Thank you folks for treating the women so well! She even commented on how polite and gentlemanly the men were.

:wub:

Allie Mo

I'll throw you all a curve ball, my wife is the one who got us into SASS. She fell in love with it just from watching one episode of Shooting USA and said, "THAT is what I want to do." I was into all the modern 1911 sports at the time and said, "If it looks like fun to you, go for it." Didn't take but a couple of visits with the local clubs before we found out how great the people were and it got me hooked too.

I think the cliche is: You come for the shooting but stay for the people. :FlagAm:

As for why there aren't more lady shooters around here, let's see. If a woman shows up to one of the local matches, chances are the first person she'll see/talk to is Madd Mike, Ace of Hearts, Creeker or me. What woman in her right mind would want to stick around after THAT kind of welcome? :blink:

I'll throw you all a curve ball, my wife is the one who got us into SASS. She fell in love with it just from watching one episode of Shooting USA and said, "THAT is what I want to do." I was into all the modern 1911 sports at the time and said, "If it looks like fun to you, go for it." Didn't take but a couple of visits with the local clubs before we found out how great the people were and it got me hooked too.

I think the cliche is: You come for the shooting but stay for the people. :FlagAm:

As for why there aren't more lady shooters around here, let's see. If a woman shows up to one of the local matches, chances are the first person she'll see/talk to is Madd Mike, Ace of Hearts, Creeker or me. What woman in her right mind would want to stick around after THAT kind of welcome? :blink:

Or feller either! :P

Miz Grizz don't shoot nor go to matches, if she did it might cut into my flirting time...

NAH.

Or feller either! :P

Miz Grizz don't shoot nor go to matches, if she did it might cut into my flirting time...

NAH.

Well Grizz,

Philly doesn't let SK's presence change his "flirting" a bit. I respect a man who is the same in front of his wife as he is when she is not there. :)

AM

Why I can't hardly turn around at a match without accidentally bumpin into a lady.

I think they're getting wise though. :blush:

Well Grizz,

Philly doesn't let SK's presence change his "flirting" a bit. I respect a man who is the same in front of his wife as he is when she is not there. :)

AM

+1

Ah, so there ARE single AVAILABLE men who shoot? I don't shoot to meet men, but heck, to find a good one would be nice! ;) As other ladies have said, the majority of men are very respectful and if you need assistance, are there to lend a hand.

One of the earlier lady posters hit the target dead center- financially it is harder for a single lady than a single man to participate in this sport. I love and miss it, and hope my life will allow me to get back to shooting soon!

CD, why don't you pick out a couple of clubs to visit, find yourself a few single guys you like. Then tell them you'd come back next month but you don't have any gear and see which ones offer to bring some for you to use. You might wind up like Scarlett O'Hara surrounded by the Tarelton boys!!

Good Luck,

Rufus

Archived