SASS Wire Forum

WTB Bisley Vaqueros

Cat Rancher

Hi! Long time member, first time poster.

Looking to get more seriously involved--you know, like actually shooting--and I'm looking for a pair of Bisley Vaqueros.

Looking for braces of stainless steel, 5.5" Bisley Vaqueros in both .44 Magnum and .357.

Thanks for looking!

Hi! Long time member, first time poster.

Looking to get more seriously involved--you know, like actually shooting--and I'm looking for a pair of Bisley Vaqueros.

Looking for braces of stainless steel, 5.5" Bisley Vaqueros in both .44 Magnum and .357.

Thanks for looking!

Some folks are just naturally lookin' for hard work. (Ive been told that herdin' cats is really hard)

But on a brighter side, I just picked up a pair of SS Ruger Bisley .357s from Long Hunter, ready to go from the box, for only slightly more than folks are askin' for used ones. There are no new .44s made tho. Those would be pretty hard to find.

Enjoy the hunt and keep the herd movin'

Al

:ph34r: Joe-- Al O. gives good advice. I highly recommend Long Hunter as a source for

the .357's.

And you'd be welcome to try out my .45 old model Bisleys if you wish.

A set of old models in .44 will be a quest-- but that's part of the fun.

Bad Bascomb, aka Todd's Outdoor Supply

:ph34r: Joe-- Al O. gives good advice. I highly recommend Long Hunter as a source for

the .357's.

And you'd be welcome to try out my .45 old model Bisleys if you wish.

A set of old models in .44 will be a quest-- but that's part of the fun.

Bad Bascomb, aka Todd's Outdoor Supply

Y'all both give good advice. Perhaps I should change the thread title to "The Legend of the Old .44's!"

As far as herdin' cats goes...You have any idea how difficult that is? YOU try singin' to 500 head of cat, on the drive, with all their purrin' and a-snugglin'. It's all a body can do to stay awake!

Cat Rancher - I have a pair exactly as you want (5-1/2 stainless) with Gunfighter grips, Wolf springs and Belt Mountain base pins. I switched to .38 spl. using Ruger 50th Anniversary Blackhawks a few years ago and just got a pair of stainless NMV's in .357 for my rain guns instead of the Bisleys, so have extra guns. I still have the original cases and manuals for the Bisleys.

I'll post an asking price tomorrow in this thread. If you are interested, I'll take some photos.

Cat Rancher - I have a pair exactly as you want (5-1/2 stainless) with Gunfighter grips, Wolf springs and Belt Mountain base pins. I switched to .38 spl. using Ruger 50th Anniversary Blackhawks a few years ago and just got a pair of stainless NMV's in .357 for my rain guns instead of the Bisleys, so have extra guns. I still have the original cases and manuals for the Bisleys.

I'll post an asking price tomorrow in this thread. If you are interested, I'll take some photos.

If these are the .44 Bisleys, I am interested. Thank you!

If these are the .44 Bisleys, I am interested. Thank you!

Yep - Sure are.44's Bisleys. I got them in about 2000 and used them for a while until I hit ES. I'll go for $950 for the pair + whatever for shipping. Will take pics if interested. I probably have the original base pins somewhere; will look. These were usually shot with wimpy .44 Russian's.

Archived