SASS Wire Forum

Got any specific goals for the CAS "season?"

Grizzly Dave

I haven't even been able to touch a gun since I shot the IL State match last May and I won't have a chance until sometime this coming August.

So...

1. Get my guns back and start practicing.

2. Get back to loading so I'll have something to shoot

3. Learn to shoot Outlaw

4. We're getting signed up for The U.S Open and Comin At Cha

Cascade Charlie

Guest jeweler jim

Like Charlie I'd be happy just getting to shoot a few matches. Haven't been able to hold the guns up to make it through a match since St. Jude's last year.

Getting old ain't for sissies!

I haven't even been able to touch a gun since I shot the IL State match last May and I won't have a chance until sometime this coming August.

So...

1. Get my guns back and start practicing.

2. Get back to loading so I'll have something to shoot

3. Learn to shoot Outlaw

4. We're getting signed up for The U.S Open and Comin At Cha

Cascade Charlie

CC, look me up at CaC, I look just like my avatar, only shorter from what people say.

Goal #1: I belong to two clubs here. One of 'em has our annual match the end of this month, the other the beginning of May. I'm focused on beating the current Nevada State Champion Duelist at one of them.

Goal #2: A week after the match in May I go in to have shoulder surgery. The Nevada State Championship is in October. I want to be healed/PRACTICED up enough to become the new NV State Champion Duelist.

Nothing specific as far as winning a match or anything (to many good shooters out there to be making rash predictions)

BUT

1. I would like to string together 3 or 4 clean matches rather than 1 every few months like I usually do.

2. I would like to run a complete match at sub 19 secs per stage. I have been hitting 1 or 2 stages a match but can't seem to do it consistently.

3. I would like to attend EOT for the second time and visit some friends in Alb. NM. (dang that whole w#$k thing and no money anyway)

4. I would like to attend my first Hell on Wheels (see # 3)

5. I would like to get over to Pawnee Station and have the cinematic CAS equivilant of Mr. Copola (that would be you GD) make a little video (never have seen myself shoot)

See ya down the trail

Regards

:FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Guest Pukin Dog, SASS#55356-Life

Howdy

I have no illusions, or desires, to shoot any faster. Sure as heck don't want to practice, what a waste of ammo. All I want is to shoot a few clean matches.

LOL, I'm with you there Driftwood. My goals are to go to a couple more multi-day shoots so I can sit around the campfire with my buds shooting the breeze. As far as shooting, my only goal is to not DQ! :lol:

Howdy

I have no illusions, or desires, to shoot any faster. Sure as heck don't want to practice, what a waste of ammo. All I want is to shoot a few clean matches.

Me too Driftwood... Someday a clean match sure would be nice :)

I recall the day back in 1969 that I first broke 100/100 at a round of Skeet I sure would like to have that feeling again... but even if I do not I want to shoot safely and keep having fun

Nothing specific as far as winning a match or anything (to many good shooters out there to be making rash predictions)

BUT

1. I would like to string together 3 or 4 clean matches rather than 1 every few months like I usually do.

2. I would like to run a complete match at sub 19 secs per stage. I have been hitting 1 or 2 stages a match but can't seem to do it consistently.

3. I would like to attend EOT for the second time and visit some friends in Alb. NM. (dang that whole w#$k thing and no money anyway)

4. I would like to attend my first Hell on Wheels (see # 3)

5. I would like to get over to Pawnee Station and have the cinematic CAS equivilant of Mr. Copola (that would be you GD) make a little video (never have seen myself shoot)

See ya down the trail

Regards

:FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Any time, just let me know yer comin so I make sure and bring the moving picture taker thingy.

Grizz

Ifin' you're shootin' CLEAN you're too Slow B):o

Well sinice you could tim my shot strings with an old fashoned hour glass type egg timer I have the slow part worked out... and I am tripped up more by procedural errors like getting out of sequence than I am by misses but I manage a few of them too. I do wish that I had found this passtime of CAS about 25 years ago when I was full of ,,, well better leave it at full :rolleyes:

1. Become supreme ruler of the universe.

2. As supreme ruler of the universe, I would have control over the space-time continuum.

3. With this control, I would make time stand still whenever I got up to shoot, making me finish every stage in 0.00 (excepting for misses and procedurals, of course. But, if I got all the time in the world to shoot a stage, I could sure minimize those!)

4. For a small price, I would do the same for any of you, too.

Sounds like a plan, huh? :lol: :lol:

Freeda's and my goal is to get out to some other matches than our home range.

Hopefully the Rocky Mountain Regional Raid, and maybe Hell On Wheels again if schedules work out.

My personal goal is to not sweat the small stuff, have more fun, and enjoy my little boy. That and shoot more clean matches in Frontiersman.

DM

Got any specific goals for the CAS "season?"

Besides the usual shoot more, get faster, have fun, here are mine...

- SxS, I'd like to get faster at loading it, I fumble too much

faster second shot, and miss fewer SG targets, too many make ups

- Rifle, watching video of me shooting I still wrap my thumb over, want to break myself of that

need to work on mounting the rifle consistantly

- Pistols, fairly happy here, but would like to improve a bit speed wise from target to target

- Transitions, be more consistent with my stance.

- Match finish, I'd like to beat Brother King, Wolf Bane, and a few others like rented mules :D Just kidden guys!

Seriously, I'd like to continue to keep placing a little higher overall as I have been.

Slow progress is still progress

Do you have any specific goals?

Grizz

Our season lasts all 12 months ........ I just want to survive ..... :blink:

Ifin' you're shootin' CLEAN you're too Slow

Thanks for your opinion.

Back when I used to downhill ski they used to say if you didn't fall at least once you were skiing too slow. Another opinion.

I ain't in this to shoot fast, it don't say anywhere in the rules that you have to shoot fast. Sometimes I shoot a scenario in an unconventional way just because it is more fun and may take more time. We all shoot in CAS the way we want. I'll keep trying for a few more clean matches, thank you very much.

This year's goals.

Not necessarily in order

Make the local monthly match this month.

Make as many matches as possible.

Shoot safely!!!

Make some friends through SASS (I'm an extrovert)

Start reloading!

Pay off my guns and rigs. :o

Yep, sure do... :rolleyes: ...would like to shoot more matches at various clubs. :wacko:

Want to work on my shotgun :blush: (double) :o technique and while I'm dreaming

I would like to shoot better times..... :huh::rolleyes:

Well, I can't control the price of gas :angry: so who knows if I'll be able

to follow through on my first plan! :angry: The others are up to me so time

will tell.... :D:)

Happy trails

QDG

I'll take fast and clean but the clean part escapes me . What would I like I guess in no order shoot clean , not have any eguipment problems I think I have that worked out with my new colts, Leather from Kirkpatrick and my 66 work done by Jimmy Spurs. Shoot the NY state championship "Heluva Rukus" also shoot The Long Island Championship of CAS "Melee On The Bay" both shoots were great last year. It would be nice to find time to practice but I heard someplace that was cheating :lol:

Keep on meeting the wonderful people of SASS .

1. Attend my first of many matches.

2. Become a SASS member...which means I'll need to also come up with an alias.

3. Develop reasonable accuracy with my 1858 Remington cap 'n' ball revolvers. Kind of along the lines of the archer preparing for bow season...keep all my shots within the figurative pie plate.

4. Finally, learn how to keep a black powder firearm clean and rust-free. :blink:

5. Shoot in a few matches.

6. Make some new friends and have fun!

7. Save money for the eventual purchase of 1858 Remington conversions in 38 spl to match my rifle. It might be easier for me to come up with the money than the distributors to come up with the guns.

Great idea, Grizzly Dave, to encourage thought in this area! :D

J.J.

My goal for this season is to continue to enjoy the game the way my pards and I do every weekend. And to let the negative vibes from naysayers flow off of me like water off a ducks back.

Shoot more

miss less

get at least two of the five kids to shoot with me

get my wife to shoot (at least once)

7. Save money for the eventual purchase of 1858 Remington conversions in 38 spl to match my rifle. It might be easier for me to come up with the money than the distributors to come up with the guns.

Cimarron and Taylors sell these. I love my 5.5 in. barrell factory conversions!!!!!

Cimarron and Taylors sell these. I love my 5.5 in. barrell factory conversions!!!!!

Thanks for your thoughts Holden A. Grudge! I'm on the waiting list with Taylors...they're in VA and would make it a little easier in terms of purchase. But, they've definitely left me with the impression the arrival time line for sellable 7 3/8" 1858 Remington conversions in 38 spl is anyone's guess. And, the Cimarron website seems to indicate no available dealers in VA. I could be wrong with this impression and don't mind being corrected if anyone else knows better. In the meantime, I'll enjoy what I have!

J.J.

Archived