SASS Wire Forum

Dumb! Dumb! Dumb!

Wednesday night, I turned in kinda late. About 0200, I woke up (actually, my half ounce bladder woke me up) and needed a head call. I was still groggy and stumbled downstairs, across the house and somewhere while walking, I must have fallen back asleep.

BONK!!! I walked right into the door frame, hit my noggin on the corner and opened up my forehead. I then woke up real fast as the blood was running across my eye and off my nose. I got it stopped and saw that I have a set of railroad tracks just over my left eye... Yesterday morning, I noticed skin and blood on the wood............

Now, looking past the obvious that this hurts, is embarrassing, I now have these danged Captain's bars on my face.. hell, I never wanted to be an Officer.... Especially this way.....LOL Tough way to get a "Field Commission"...

Look on the light side...you have two months to heal before the Charity Shoot, where I'm sure EVERYONE would commiserate with your misfortune...!

Count Sandor

So there I was...

...a young Private in the infantry (this was obviously LONG before I got commissioned). We were training at night, so I was walking through the woods in a "squad wedge" formation, wearing night vision goggles. These were some of the first generation and had only monocular vision, so depth perception was shot. I saw a tree about ten feet in front of me as we slowly made our way through the night. When the eyepiece jammed into my eyes / nose I learned the tree was much closer than I thought. I fell down, holding my face and trying not to make any noise...but I wanted to SCREAM in pain!

I got two black eyes out of the affair. I looked like a raccoon for about two weeks.

What I'm saying is, I feel your pain, pard.

Never lead with yore face.

Sorry pard!

I've got D-D-D stories too.

In 2005 I got a new PC. The tower had little doors to the disc drives. I left one open and OUCH! gave myself a black eye with it. :rolleyes:

Then there was the time in High School, playing baseball (I was terrible at sports) that the ball I was trying to catch caught me on the nose and gave me two black eyes.

I'm with Big Jake on the bathroom/sleeping arrangements. Stairs are not for old folks. We finally moved to a one story house after Hubby fell down the stairs (peripheral neuropathy)several times and I had to be stranded on one floor or the other with a torn meniscus.

Take care,

Allie Mo

We have those kind of flouesenct type night lights (no bulbs), you can get them from Costco. They plug into the wall sockets and give a green glow. We have them plugged in all the available wall plug-ins around the house. They are rated to only cost approximately $.02 per year each on your power bill. You can safely walk around the house without turing any lights on.

For starters, my glasses are unnecessary past 3 feet so trips in the middle of the night don't require them. I raised 2 kids that left everything on the floor, including my daughter's jacks... I have unsuccessfully navigated the mine fields of my home, including when my new puppy left me a soft warm steamy surprise.... Having that between your toes is a real shocker too. So is hopping to the bathroom to flush your foot and coming down on a jack.... But those were laid out to get me and I did this'n all by my lonesome....

And I thought that once I landed in the Land of the Big PX, I'd be safe....

Hey Allie Mo,

I thought them lil drawers on my PC were drink holders. . .

Sarge, good on you for bringing some humor to the wire. We've all done DDD things, but few of us have the confidence to admit them, till someone like yerself does it first. . .

DD-DLoS

That 'P' hurt more than you thought it would, didn't it? :lol::lol:

..........Widder

Now that's funny!!!

Good one, Widder.

Sarge, I hope you heal up soon. Plan on passing this thread along to Don so he can see what his old friend has been up to.

Regards, TJH

I have the solution for you Sarge, I'm shipping a Thunder Mug to you UPS overnight! :lol:

BSD

Hey Allie Mo,

I thought them lil drawers on my PC were drink holders. . .

Sarge, good on you for bringing some humor to the wire. We've all done DDD things, but few of us have the confidence to admit them, till someone like yerself does it first. . .

DD-DLoS

No Dick,

Not the drink holders...there were little doors (1.5" x 5") that had the ports and drink holders inside. One of them bit me. :(

Dang, I know a drink holder when I see one. :rolleyes:;)

Regards,

Allie Mo

Archived