SASS Wire Forum

Introducing

Pitmaster, SASS #78461

Congratulations on what will become YOUR BEST partner.

Just don't get him tooooooo close to the action without safety glasses. Ya don't want to mess up his eyes from any splatterback.

..........Widder

And remember, dog's have real sensitive hearing.

And remember, dog's have real sensitive hearing.

I was thinking the same thing. I know that it sounds sissy to put hearing protection on a dog, but I would think that shooting would damage a dog's ears just the same as a human's (if not more).

Great puppy!

I grew up with German Shepards and this pup is making me want another.

Congrats!

I put ear muffs on my dog when we go hunting. He don't mind it and he can still hear me later when I take them off.

The ear protection kinda depends on how close he is. If he's shagging brass and spotting then it's a must. The lack of opposable digits would preclude him from being a TO.:lol:

He's not going to be close and personal in the beginning. I want him to adjust correctly to the gunshots. I'll watch and see how he reacts while near the clubhouse and the side matches are going on. I expect to crate him in my car or the clubhouse while I'm shooting. Depending upon on how much its raining I may not shoot every stage. But then again I've go an itch to shoot..

His name is SASS, he's 8 weeks old and his first match is tomorrow at Cutter's Raiders.

SASS

He has that "NO DAD I DID NOT CHEW ON THAT GUN BELT" look on his face..:)

Good looking pup. Try bringing some food or treats for him when the noise starts. First couple of times it might be a little nerve wracking for him. Hopefully, he'll adjust. One of the fellows at the club has brought his dog to the club for years. He sits in the passenger seat and sleeps.

Archived