Rifle cases

Matthew Duncan

Park at a side entrance of the motel

Look to see if any lowdowns are watching

Set rifle and pistol cases beside vehicle,lock up vehicle

Carry rifle and pistol cases to the room

Look around to see if lowdowns are watching

Unlock vehicle. Get shotgun case and boots. Lock up vehicle. Take to room

Go back to vehicle, unlock and get suitcase. Go to room.

Wonder if anyone saw me "sneak" the guns into the room

Then I found a Texas company that makes one case for ALL the guns plus: http://catalog.americase.com/rifle-cases/AT-FULLHOUSE.aspx

Unfortunately my '66 is a bit too long to fit into their case :(

Well maybe...I send them a email and for $50 Yankee they will add the length I need!

Hot diggey dog!

Now I can "sneak" everything into the motel room in one trip!

Hot diggey dog! :)

A couple of alternatives:

A good friend travels to a lot of shoots and stays in hotels. He puts his guns in soft cases and then stores the soft cases in one of those golf bag traveling cases. These cases have locks on them, plus wheels that allow them to be rolled around, even up and down stairs. The temptation to steal golf clubs is probably a lot less than guns. Example: http://readygolf.com/GOLF-GUARD-Hard-Sided-Golf-Travel-Case-B72OO/300/

In our case I designed a steel box, portable safe that fits in all our vehicles. This steel box locks closed with two of those round pad locks that are a lot harder to open up with bolt cutters. The steel box is then locked to the auto via chain and more locks. The auto has an ignition disabler so unless the thief has a low boy trailer, he has a challenge. Having a metal working company weld up the box cost $300. The box will hold 6 of those plastic long gun cases that each hold 2 long guns, plus several pistol cases.

No one solution is right for all.

Matthew,

You been to the exercise room lately?? I use to (note: "use to") have a beautiful aluminieum case that held my rifle, 4 hand guns and my shotgun. All in ONE trip. It took two men and large boy to lug that thing. Nope, I'll stick to fitted soft cases (Cabellas). As soon as you get one of them "all in one" cases, invest in a reusable "help wanted" advertisement for someone to drag the durn thing around :rolleyes:

Coffinmaker

I just use the tote bag for one of our camp chairs. Put the guns in soft cases inside it, zip it up, and carry it in. If it's more than for just one night and I have much other luggage I get the hotel rolling luggage cart, and just make one trip. Doesn't offer any protection once in the room, but guns generally stay with me until I'm in for the night.

I use one of these, I put 3 revolvers, my shotgun and 73 in it. It has wheels for easy hauling and is approved by the airlines in case I ever get enough nerve to fly with them.

http://www.theshootersbox.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=286

Park at side entrance to hotel

get out of car and retrieve sxs

load two while lowdowns are watching

make lowdowns carry your stuff into room

Matthew,

You been to the exercise room lately??

Nope

Case has wheels and I'm only 57 years of age. :)

Matthew;

americase makes great cases. I have one and really like it. Just don't try to fly with it.

You're starting out with a 30 lb. case. It doesn't take much to get to the 50 lb max. then you

pay for over weight and over size btw. Don't ask me how I know this. It was painful.

Marshal Stone

+1 on the golf bag hard case with wheels. It will, although heavy, carry and roll around all the guns for 3 shooters in and out of a hotel without "showing off" anything unusual. For long travel, put the long guns in scabbards then tuck each in a fold of a moving blanket.

Park at a side entrance of the motel

Look to see if any lowdowns are watching

Set rifle and pistol cases beside vehicle,lock up vehicle

Carry rifle and pistol cases to the room

Look around to see if lowdowns are watching

Unlock vehicle. Get shotgun case and boots. Lock up vehicle. Take to room

Go back to vehicle, unlock and get suitcase. Go to room.

Wonder if anyone saw me "sneak" the guns into the room

Then I found a Texas company that makes one case for ALL the guns plus: http://catalog.americase.com/rifle-cases/AT-FULLHOUSE.aspx

Unfortunately my '66 is a bit too long to fit into their case :(

Well maybe...I send them a email and for $50 Yankee they will add the length I need!

Hot diggey dog!

Now I can "sneak" everything into the motel room in one trip!

Hot diggey dog! :)

I did not know they let you stay at a hotel.let me know if they do i will stand guard for you.Rusty

Two rifles, two shotguns, four pistols... one case, with wheels.

http://www.skbcasesusa.com/skb-case-2skb-5009.htm

Yep, very nice, top of the line. I had one and sold it to High Noon, wished I had it back. It's hard to beat SKB or Pelican.

Jefro :ph34r:

Was going to ask if you towed a fork lift behind your vehicle when you went to out of town matches.. With an empty weight of 36 pounds, when that puppy is loaded it's going to weigh close to 70 lbs. It needs wheels on one end and it would substitute as a decent gun cart. :D

Bought one of the Winchester aluminum ones from Skeets several years ago, double sided like the pistol cases. Held a 73 and a SXS on each side with room for a pair of handguns on each side as well. It was heavy when loaded but still doable. Sold it to a friend because I was a dumbass. After borrowing it from Skeets to see if it would fit behind the seats of the Dakota I later learned it only fit when it was sitting on top of the empty gun cases that were already in there. DOH!

I've seen the SKBs and they are real nice, the golf bag dealie is a good low pro option as well.

I did not know they let you stay at a hotel.let me know if they do i will stand guard for you.Rusty

Thats why I have to use a side door...:)

I think I've spent enough money so far on the guns themselves.

Ok:

For me, I'd go to the thrift store and get a used golf bag, dip it in solvent to sanitize, then put the guns in socks, inert them, put a towel over the barrels or butts sticking out the top, bungee cord to hold the towel in place.

Park, scan for lowdowns.

Turn comedy station off Sirius radio.

Push button that opens trunk.

Get out, shut door.

Lift trunk lid.

Remove old golf bag.

Tell spectators that the Mustang is better than the Vette.

Carry the old golf bag in.

Of course, the whole thing's blown if you do all that dressed in your SASS clothes, boots, hat....

Aunt Jen

Appalachia Annie and I just got back from 2011 SASS Winter Range. All 8 of our guns (4 revolvers, 2 rifles, 2 coach shotguns) were contained in a SKB 48" ATA Approved firearm case. Easy to carry, and easy to bring into our room every night on our trip out to WR and back.

Coop

Keep in mind if you are buying the case to transport firearms via commercial air, the airlines themselves have specific restrictions. We use Continental a lot and they have this rule:

Continental accepts one item of shooting equipment per customer as checked baggage. One item of shooting equipment is defined as one hard-sided shooting equipment case containing up to five firearms, with or without scopes, 11 lbs (five Kgs.) of ammunition and articles used in the firearm sport.

At any weekend where ya got a major shoot going, the lowlife types interested in taking advantage already know that, and probably have figured out which hotel is hosting the biggest share of the cowboys and their guns.

IF I stayed in a hotel instead of camping, my first move would be go to the RANGE before I go to the hotel, find the camping area, break out a bottle of kentucky "medicine", to share with pards who are camping, and find a volunteer to "host" my gun cart at their camp and my guns in their camper. No lowlife problems, no meth addict maid and her BF problems......

• 1 month later...

Well my custom case (see first post) arrived yesterday...WOW!

Everything as expected and advertised.

The only disappointment is forecast for Saturday is rain so I can't use my new gun case... :(

• 4 weeks later...

Cheap motel ground floor view of parking lot.

Open window slightly.

Back truck up to window.

Long guns are each in folding chair cases.

Scan for lowlifes.

Open window, pass long guns thru window into room.

Slam window shut.

Carry normal luggage thru door.

To leave, lean long guns against wall close to open window.

Scan for lowlifes.

Walk outside to truck (carrying normal luggage).

Scan for police.

Reach into open window, grab long guns.

Slam window and drive away, over lowlifes.

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

This the one we use for airline travel, etc.

http://www.sjmediasystem.com/2skb-4812ws.html

We can put 4 six shooters, 4 long guns, leather in it easily

Mustang Gregg

Archived