SASS Wire Forum

The Cowboy Chapel Cross / No Cross Crying Towel

No other religion refers to its houses of worship as "Chapels". So the description "Cowboy Chapel" already states the proposed building at Founders Ranch to be a Christian entity.

As to whether or not the building should feature a cross, the answer is clearly NO. There has never been a God given directive to revere the cross. The decision was taken when pagan Rome switched to Christianity, and from then on the Roman church and all its breakaways starting with the Anglicans and followed by literally dozens of others, have girded their loins and necks with this supreme example of pagan cruelty. Ask yourself this question - "if the Lord Jesus Christ had been put to death in the 20th century, would those who love Him be wearing miniature firing squads around their necks?"

It is the glorified, resurrected, perfected LIVING Christ whom Christians should worship. Not the pagan-invented emblem of His suffering and death.

No other religion refers to its houses of worship as "Chapels". So the description "Cowboy Chapel" already states the proposed building at Founders Ranch to be a Christian entity.

As to whether or not the building should feature a cross, the answer is clearly NO. There has never been a God given directive to revere the cross. The decision was taken when pagan Rome switched to Christianity, and from then on the Roman church and all its breakaways starting with the Anglicans and followed by literally dozens of others, have girded their loins and necks with this supreme example of pagan cruelty. Ask yourself this question - "if the Lord Jesus Christ had been put to death in the 20th century, would those who love Him be wearing miniature firing squads around their necks?"

It is the glorified, resurrected, perfected LIVING Christ whom Christians should worship. Not the pagan-invented emblem of His suffering and death.

'Clearly NO'? - doesn't seem so from all the posts on the subject ;)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Yup, carefull wid Ol UB, he will slap ya wid one of his 110rd er so hats, one right after another. ot here I'm sure.

Cross?mmmmm, never bothered me none, I drive bye em every day.Even been known to stop bye once in awhile and tawk to my Preacher Frins. Seems they aint bothered by my Star of David either :)

Would the presence of the cross be the deal breaker of whether you would enter the building or not???? I bet if a non-believer went into a building with a cross on it, the building would not fall down around them. Let those that believe have the cross (I am a believer) to the others, whats the big deal, it's a symbol you don't care about anyway. I mean, do you stop at every church you see and ask them to remove a cross just because you don't like it....all that stop and go must eat up your gas mileage in a hurry.

The buildings we can choose not to go into is because we know they are dedicated to a religion of some type that presents and represents only the ideals of that religion.

This building, in it's inception, was to create a place to remember our friends and family who have passed on. These people may or may not be some type of Christian.

And again, look up the definition of chapel. It is defined as a place for worship. And it is defined as a place for Christian worship. It can be either, it isn't always a Christian place. Everyone here made the leap that it's called a chapel and therefore it is a Christian place.

This place should be the one place we don't impose our religious and political bias's. Let it be a place for all to visit and experience as they would, without nailing some Icon somewhere laying claim to the property.

I'm tired of Christians telling me how to live my life, vote, and imposing their so called majority opinions on everyone else.

The WIld Bunch owns this place. They have made a decision. That decision was to allow this place to welcoming and used by any and all. Without layering any one groups bias's on it.

Moving on

Ike

The buildings we can choose not to go into is because we know they are dedicated to a religion of some type that presents and represents only the ideals of that religion.

This building, in it's inception, was to create a place to remember our friends and family who have passed on. These people may or may not be some type of Christian.

And again, look up the definition of chapel. It is defined as a place for worship. And it is defined as a place for Christian worship. It can be either, it isn't always a Christian place. Everyone here made the leap that it's called a chapel and therefore it is a Christian place.

This place should be the one place we don't impose our religious and political bias's. Let it be a place for all to visit and experience as they would, without nailing some Icon somewhere laying claim to the property.

I'm tired of Christians telling me how to live my life, vote, and imposing their so called majority opinions on everyone else.

The WIld Bunch owns this place. They have made a decision. That decision was to allow this place to welcoming and used by any and all. Without layering any one groups bias's on it.

Moving on

Ike

No more than I am tired of minority's doing the same.

Moving on

N.C.

Howdy:

Let's see, if we have a building that caters to All religious/non-religious groups abject of any symbols then methinks we have the Oprah Winfrey show wherein we can all chant "To whom it may concern, if, indeed, anyone is present, We, who may or may not believe we have an obligation to worship/or not worship are gathered". So, in effect, we have a warehouse. No one is offended by a warehouse, are they?

If services (General non-denominational Protestant, Lutheran, Episcopal, Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox, Roman Catholic/ Old Catholic, Jewish (Reform/Orthodox/Conservative),Buddhist, Druid, Mithra, Isis, Wicca, etc) are to be held, then a flag or pennant can be placed outside the structure for ID purposes. This is done at military bases and no one is offended (apologies for not including several religious forms - no offense was meant, I simply have not the time or space to list ALL of the religious variants in the world we may encounter in today's America). I have always reserved the right to not attend a service which is contrary to my religious beliefs. While not agreeing with other religious forms, I am obliged to allow their members to make their choices and follow them. That is the Cowboy way.... I think.

STL Suomi

Archived