SASS Wire Forum

Bad News about USFA

MMJ#89586

Thats some great news Dep!

I've bought all of my first round guns for CAS and comparing with my other firearms, the USFA stands out. My next SA will be a USFA Bisley. I can stand the wait now that I have a brace of guns to shoot in the mean time.

MMJ, Any gun that comes from Long Hunter is worth the wait. Jim can only do his work when he receives the parts and or guns from USFA. I waited for over 6 months for a set of Premium 45 Colts. They were a work of art when they arrived. I ordered another special order and it also took some time. The case coloring of all USFA's is done by Turnbull and that takes time also. Every part in that gun is made at the factory. If they had had Ruger make them they would not be worth what they will be. The USFA revolvers are the best made SAA in the world and that includes Colt. Jim Finch is one of the best guys in the game. A special made gun is not a order at Mickey D's. When I was growing up and you went out to eat you had to go inside and sit down. Then you had to wait for it to be cooked and brought to you. Unreal way to have to live don't you think?

I own a lot of revolvers. Only two are works of art. My USFA convertibles built by Long Hunter. Works of art that also work. I shoot them every chance I get and they always put a big happy smile on my face. Would that every thing in this modern world worked so well and were so beautiful.

Sure they took a while to get shipped from USFA but the wait was well worth it. After Jim took delivery it only took a few days for him to work his magic on it.

Now my Wes Fargo RVs work wonderful, they just ain't as purdy as the USFAs.

Archived