SASS Wire Forum

Bad News about USFA

MMJ#89586

Well I ordered my SASS USFA revolver on Sept 12th and have yet to recieve it. I called a few weeks ago and they stated the gun would be sent to Long Hunter last month. It was not, now every time I call the sales rep is not reachable. The season starts this week and I don't have my gun. Had I known it would take this long I would have bought a Colt. I know that some USFA guns were ordered in July and they have not been recieved.

It took over 6 months to get my latest special order USFA thru Long Hunter. Not his fault, it took less than a week after he received it to be in my hot little hands.

The good news is that when you do get it from ole Jim it will be perfect in every way.

You have to have patience when dealing with USFA.

It took over 6 months to get my latest special order USFA thru Long Hunter. Not his fault, it took less than a week after he received it to be in my hot little hands.

The good news is that when you do get it from ole Jim it will be perfect in every way.

You have to have patience when dealing with USFA.

Yes I agree this is in no way Long Hunters fault.

Whew!

I thought the company was going under. :blink:

Whew!

I thought the company was going under. :blink:

The fact that their delivery times are a bit long is an indicator they have lots of orders. :D

The fact that their delivery times are a bit long is an indicator they have lots of orders. :D

ya never know!

They could be carving them out with pocket knives. :P

Should have ordered from Long Hunter to begin with, he carries several brands, me personally would have went with Ruger, plain or the S

Well my other revolver is a ruger. I had to go through sass to get the usfa, they cashed the check in September, but forgot to send the gun.

I know they're hiring, there's basically a constant call for folks to work there to help fulfill the demand. No one around here's got them in stock, I've been calling around about a Rodeo or Rodeo II just to handle one in person again before putting money down for something. It seems like even the basics are in short supply.

I'm thinking about a scheduling a visit to the factory actually, since I live in the area. I've been shooting with Mr. Donnelly a few times and know he's pretty proud of what he's put together there but I've never actually stopped in to see it myself. Might be a good excuse to fondle a few firearms and fish for some info on upcoming releases. :D One of the few advantages of this area in terms of shooting sports is that we're home to a concentration of firearms companies. Kind of sad, but a few have recently left for economic reasons.

Ruger still in the revolver business?

When I picked up my USFA a month ago none of the dealers had a Ruger to fondle. I think one of the dealers has a 7.5 in in stock right now.

I lucked out and got a dual cylinder 45LC/45ACP that was a guy's safe queen that was being sold by another dealer.

They still have a Colt 45LC for about $1800 on consignment.

The local places here had a few rugers, but not a great selection. A few used though. The local cabelas has a used 5.5" stainless in 45 that's had some work done for under $500. If I wasn't looking for 38/357 I'd grab it up.

or an indicator that quality takes time. also they do 'batches" of guns like uberti and everyone else..

Heck, six months is nothin'...one of my Shiloh Sharps I ordered took three and a half years to get :excl:

My local dealer told me that Ruger was only making auto pistols at this time due to such high demand for carry weapons

Yep, that is what I'm waiting for right now.

Just got an email from usfa at 715 pm. Which I never expected this late. They stated the wait has been the low profile hammer (not sure why) but one was fitted today and the gun had its final polishing. Going for case coloring Monday. In Long Hunters hands in two weeks.

I too have been patiently waiting for my sass/usfa revoler, i placed my order oct 10th. 2010

when i have emailed longhunter they were very prompt at replying and that i do appreciate.

usfa has not returned any emails which dont surprise me as they may have not had an answer for me.

live and learn, if i dont see it in front of me i probably wont buy a gun this way again.

deputy bloodhound

sass 71211

Heck, six months is nothin'...one of my Shiloh Sharps I ordered took three and a half years to get

I was thinking that maybe USFA was in the same boat that Shiloh Sharps found/finds themselves in then/now. Although I once emailed Shiloh and they stated that that was the way they liked it (at the time they had a 7 year back log). So who's to know the reasoning behind some businesses moves or lack of movement in this case to produce product. Smithy.

Friend: A few years ago work took me out east and I was able to tour the USFA plant. First it was well worth the time and I learned alot. As I left I ordered two SA pistols. Got them a few moths later. Since then I have aquired two other USFA's/ I can't say enough about how happy I am with their guns. I have eight Colt SAA and they all sit in safe and I shoot the USFA. After seeing their quality control and production I know that quality is worth the wait. Like you my guns went from USFA to Long Hunter. You will find no finer pard to deal with. You will have a great set of pistols that you will enjoy for many years.

Well I ordered my SASS USFA revolver on Sept 12th and have yet to recieve it. I called a few weeks ago and they stated the gun would be sent to Long Hunter last month. It was not, now every time I call the sales rep is not reachable. The season starts this week and I don't have my gun. Had I known it would take this long I would have bought a Colt. I know that some USFA guns were ordered in July and they have not been recieved.

I'm sorry, but I think this is hilarious. In November you were complaining that USFA needed to have more aggressive marketing with t-shirts, bumper stickers and other flea market type nonsense. In fact you declared "...their marketing sucks." I guess they must be doing okay without that stuff. :lol:

BTW, when I ordered a Shiloh Sharps with presentation grade wood it took about five years to get it.

I don't know why or howcome I was attrated to USFA SSA's but ended up ordering a pair of Rodeos from Longhunter. He told me

up front that it would take about 90 days...it did. I barrowed fellow club members guns while waiting...it was a difficult wait;

I finally got mine and can't help but feel that the wait was worth it and enjoy shooting the heck out of them.

I've ordered a pair or Rodeo II's from Longhunter and told another 90 day wait.

Ned

I'm sorry, but I think this is hilarious. In November you were complaining that USFA needed to have more aggressive marketing with t-shirts, bumper stickers and other flea market type nonsense. In fact you declared "...their marketing sucks." I guess they must be doing okay without that stuff. :lol:

BTW, when I ordered a Shiloh Sharps with presentation grade wood it took about five years to get it.

Their marketing does suck. The whole point was I'm in sass therefore I know about usfa like we all do. I had an older gentleman tell me about them one day last August. Other wise I've never heard of them until that point. When I tried to find other products they may make like every other large company in the world there was nothing. Go find the old post and get your facts straight. Ask just about anyone not in cas about usfa and they think your talking about the air force.

I called USFA this week to ask for availability for a gun that a customer wanted. I also asked about my gun which was due to deliver in March. The man I spoke with said there had been an illness in the family (not sure which family) and due to this my gun has been delayed till end of April. While I would have loved to hear my gun is ready now, I understand stuff happens. I think they make a really fine gun and I would hope everyone cuts them a little slack.

YEE-HAW!!! got some good news today, i recieved a call from travis at longhunter shooter today informing me that they were shipping my usfa pistol today that i ordered oct 10 2010

i have nothing but praise for longhunters customer service, look forward to doing more business with them

deputy bloodhound

Archived