SASS Wire Forum

A comedic traffic stop

IT had snowed and my daughter, Samantha, had to take her car in for service. Her hubby, Tony, was going to follow her to the service station and then drive her to work. Sam asked Tony to clean the snow off the top of her car and he did but he did a half-a***d job of it.

Sam was driving westward with Tony following about 100 ft behind. A cop driving eastward didn't like the snow that was still on her roof and threw on his blue lights planning to make a u-turn and stop her. Tony is quite literal about "Pull over and stop IMMEDIATELY for all emergency vehicles" so when he saw the blue lights he did IMMEDIATELY pull over and stop, after all, it might be an emergency or something. The officer was not prepared for someone going in the other direction to stop and pull over so when the the officer slowed and began his U-turn he realized Tony's car was stopped precisely where his flashy u-turn would have put the cruiser. Officer aborted his U-turn and put his cruiser head-on into a snow bank. Now instead of an award winning u-Turn he had to do a clumsy three-point turn as well as get out of a snow bank. Officer was now in a bad mood. Anyway, Samantha was lucky and got off with a warning.

A cop driving eastward didn't like the snow that was still on her roof and threw on his blue lights planning to make a u-turn and stop her....Anyway, Samantha was lucky and got off with a warning.

Huh? A warning for what?

Just wondering,

eGG

In some states, I think Virginia is included in this, you are legally required to clean snow off of your vehicle so that it does not create a traffic hazard (accident). I have never heard of a summons being written for this, but I guess it happens.

Shenny

To the best of my knowledge, that is not a violation here in Colorado.

It is a smart thing to do though, don't always in my truck, pulled up to a stop light one time and whoomp down came the snow from the roof onto the windshield, and it was too heavy and wet and deep for the wipers to move.

In some states, I think Virginia is included in this, you are legally required to clean snow off of your vehicle so that it does not create a traffic hazard (accident). I have never heard of a summons being written for this, but I guess it happens.

Shenny

Of course!!!

Virginia closed down everything within 50 miles of Petersburg / Fort Lee / Hopewell in January or February 1967 for "the worst snow storm in 43 years". Made everyone buy chains and gas stations wouldn't sell them unless they put them on themselves.

Came to just over 4" of snow.

To the best of my knowledge, that is not a violation here in Colorado.

There are times when I wish it was though. :angry:

When I was quite young, and still driving with a restricted license, I saw a funeral coming. I pulled over, like you are supposed to. They pulled up even with me and stopped, and the cop in the lead car gets out and comes over to me, to tell me to move.

I had stopped, blocking the entrance to the cemetery. :blush:

Of course!!!

Virginia closed down everything within 50 miles of Petersburg / Fort Lee / Hopewell in January or February 1967 for "the worst snow storm in 43 years". Made everyone buy chains and gas stations wouldn't sell them unless they put them on themselves.

I remember that storm. Living in Hampton, and I made a snowwoman on the front lawn ~ no one else in the neighborhood (except military families) had ever seen one, and my friends wondered what the heck I was doing!

eGG

Of course!!!

I remember that storm. Lived in Bowie, MD that year. Snow drifts up to the second story window, 20 some inches in the front yard and road, and absolutely nothing in the back yard. IIRC, school was out for about a week.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

Archived