SASS Wire Forum

Lead Dispencer

755 shooters on the Winter Range Scoresheet, and this nice young man is Numero Uno.

I couldn't make it this year, but what a match between Spence and Deuce Stevens - They won 10 stages between them. Wow - what a shootin' match! We are fortunate to have such champions.

My best to ALL the winners, the rest of you shooters, and see you at End Of Trail!

Cheers,

FJT

Another great win for Spence with a fine gentleman as runnerup...and a Texan who shoots pretty dern good taking third. Proud for Spence and sure enjoyed visiting with him again. Missed you bud.

bb

Way to go Spence!!! Sorry we couldn't make it this year. It's been awhile since I got to visit with you. Lookin' forward to seein' you again one of these first days. Ringo

When I see a top shooter shoot, I am truly amazed at their ability. Sometimes I just shake my head and wonder, how did they just do that!

I find it inspiring and honor the time in practice it takes to perfect the game as well as the desire it takes to perform at that level. To all of you up in the ranks,

Thanks!

Yep, Spence is one of a very select group at the top of our game. If you look at his scores you'll notice that he finished (in stage order) 2nd, 2nd, 1st, 1st, 3rd, 1st, 3rd, 25th(Spence said he had a rifle reload here), 4th(extra shotgun shot), 1st, 1st, and 1st.

If you've never shot one of these large matches, you don't know how difficult it is to hold your concentration together for twelve stages. One little mistake cost him 20+ rank points on a stage! This was a pretty awesome accomplishment. I am in awe of his skill (and as I told him today...more than a little jealous!!) Great job Spence. Next stop, EOT!!

Archived