SASS Wire Forum

Mail Order China Bride

Well, I guess I will have to eat my words. Did you see the advertising area? It has China Love as a sponsor, just like the "Good Ol Days" :rolleyes:

Now the lonely cowboys can order up a Chinese bride and have her shipped over to the ranch right pronto. :lol:

Cabin Fever now has a cure.

Howdy

I was on line on the Wire at the library the other day and I noticed those annoying ads. I do not get them at home on my own PC. Perhaps a pop up blocker will help remove them?

Howdy

I was on line on the Wire at the library the other day and I noticed those annoying ads. I do not get them at home on my own PC. Perhaps a pop up blocker will help remove them?

I'm usually on the Wire here at work and have never seen one the ads mentioned. I think your pop-up theory has some merit.

I don't spend any time at all looking at the ads. Don't care what's on 'em.

Well, I guess I will have to eat my words. Did you see the advertising area? It has China Love as a sponsor, just like the "Good Ol Days" :rolleyes:

Now the lonely cowboys can order up a Chinese bride and have her shipped over to the ranch right pronto. :lol:

Guess I've changed some with the times. Days past I would have objected to the outsider ads. Now-a-days, seems to me that if "dipstikskivviesdotcom" or "eyebeestupiddotcom" want to spend money that ends up paying for the wire to even a small extent, AND I don't HAVE to read their copy (see the NYTimes web site, for example) then it's fine with me.

Course, mebbe the popup blocker of Firefox is doing its job well and I just don't see 'em neither.

So, should we have a cross on the ad space....an, would it be a Rebel cross or a Bluebelly cross....

Ducking! :P

I think you can block the ads, yourself. It's been a while since I tried it, but it goes something like this: At the top of your browser, click on the Tools button, then on Internet Options. Click on the Security tab, then Restricted Sites. Enter the basic URL of the ad. That should block everything from coming from that ad provider.

Example: Entering http://sassnet.com/forums would block the forums, but allow everything else on the SASS site. Entering http://sassnet.com would block everything coming from SASS.

I learned this trick during a discussion of how to speed up your browser's loading time. A lot of the time it's the ads that cause a web page to take forever to appear; if you block the sites that the ads are coming from, the page won't try to load them.

Apple Pie know what you're looking at? :wacko: How'd you shoot Sunday? :D

Curlee

I'm sure she is spying on me. :rolleyes:

You missed a GREAT day. The sun was out, no wind so it felt really warm. I even took my jacket off about 10:00am. No shivers at all. We were done shootin by 12:30, only 6 stages cause everyb ody else was at WR. And get this, Posse 2 was the first one off the range, THE FIRST TIME EVER!! :lol:

Hide them. Option 1 worked for me on firefox. Option 3 did not work.

Hide google ads

Worked, Thanks!

Per Okie Sawbones:

Ctrl+Shift+F Opens a box so you can turn off Adds.

I did it and it worked fine. This is for IE8.

Thanks Okie!

Hey - that worked for me. Thanks!

I think you can block the ads, yourself. It's been a while since I tried it, but it goes something like this: At the top of your browser, click on the Tools button, then on Internet Options. Click on the Security tab, then Restricted Sites. Enter the basic URL of the ad. That should block everything from coming from that ad provider.

Example: Entering http://sassnet.com/forums would block the forums, but allow everything else on the SASS site. Entering http://sassnet.com would block everything coming from SASS.

I learned this trick during a discussion of how to speed up your browser's loading time. A lot of the time it's the ads that cause a web page to take forever to appear; if you block the sites that the ads are coming from, the page won't try to load them.

Correction: I typed in "*.googlesyndication.com" and "*.doubleclick.net" (without the quotes) and the ads are gone!

Archived