SASS Wire Forum

Shootout at 5 Dogs Creek - Just 8 weeks away

I can't believe the Shootout at 5 Dogs Creek - California State Championship is just 8 short weeks away. Getting so excited to see everyone!!

Already have over 100 signed up and I know there are a lot of procrastinators out there. Now's the time to get signed up so we can finalize plans for another great match! (Plus you'll save Mad Dog Draper, Mescalero and the crew a lot of last minute work!)

Check out match detials on the SASS Events Wire or the 5 Dogs Creek website.

Hope you can join the FUN!!

Kate

I know that you and Mescalero are going to do the awards ceremony like you did last year. You sure spiced up and made it something to look forward to!

Fordyce Beals

Kate :wub:

I truly wish I could attend if for no other reason that to meet all you great California folks.

Grizz

GD....you'd be welcome any time!!! We'd sure love the chance to meet you and shoot together. Someday!

We have such a good time at 5 Dogs. The people in Bakersfield are the best! It ties with the Chorro Valley Shootout as the best annual around!

All the women attending remember the Mandatory Shooter's Meetings at the Howling Wolf!

Someone really needs to take videos of these ladies Mandatory Shooter's Meetings.

Grizz :

I have no videos but picture this: The swinging doors of the Howling wolf opens and a period correct costumed female yells out, "Mandatory shooters meeting." This repeats until all the ladies are at the bar. The mandatory shooters are picked up off the bar and drank down and the meeting is over. The ladies continue about their business and a few minutes to several minutes later the next meeting takes place.

Fordyce

Kate,

As has been said -- we think this is one of the best matches in the country and is always on our "MUST MAKE" list. We didn't make the event last year because of a family conflict and I had withdrawals for months. We just got our confirmations back from 5 Dogs Creek last week, so we're set and ready to go.

We're going to Ruckus at Red Rock (St. George, UT) as a warm up for 5 Dogs Creek. We haven't done that before, so that should be exciting.

We're really looking forward to April 28th. See you there.

Conejo Kid and Darlin' Dakota Jo

Mescalero and I have been watching bunches of those old black and white TV Westerns -- match theme is a tribute to heroes of the small screen. Many of which I have never heard of much less seen. It's been fun.

We have come up with a pretty cool (hopefully!) idea for movie night on Thursday. If my limited video editing skills can pull it off...ya'll in in for a fun treat!

Watching in black and white?

Maybe we could get a collection together to get you guys a color TV. :rolleyes:

Well, if you'll lead that charge...we'll definitely be accepting of a new TV. HD would be preferable.

When we put in the first DVD I thought something was wrong with our TV. Apparently there was a time when shows were actually made in B/W. Who knew? ;)

I think I have the perfect black and white shooting clothes, What day is the black and white day?

Black and white for the shooting on Friday...and only for fun! Nothing requiring folks to do so. Although I'm hearing about a lot of new outfits being put together!

Given the grumpiness on the wire today, I'm needing a mandatory shooters meeting. Time to duck into the Saloon. Or....we can wait and partake of the real mandatory shooters meeting in the Howling Wolf Saloon.

If you've still never experience the HWS, it's a must! If you're coming to 5 Dogs Creek, don't forget to get signed up in advance. Gus Ashcroft and Brandy Rose have created a real hub for friendly socializing. Can't wait!

The preliminary schedule for the match has been posted and registrations are rolling in! Only 49 more days....

Can't wait!!!

Roy n' Terri

Archived