SASS Wire Forum

Professor Cubby Bear Wins Big at WR

Yes indeed. Our esteemed Professor had to have taken top honors in the National Speed Shopping Side Match and he wasn’t even there the whole week!

His shopping prowess was unmatched…Miss Mary and I weren’t even close but it was both a treat and an true honor to watch a real pro work his magic all along vendors row.

His hand speed of drawing his wallet was amazing and his transition technique between cash and credit card was so fast, I couldn't tell when the switch was made.

His foot work left me in the dust on many runs down the row. By the end of the first day, I was totally exhausted and had to go to bed that night at 7:30! :wacko:

His accomplishments by engagement:

(1) A brand new ‘73

(2) A Ruger Birds Head grip frame

(3) A formal suit of clothes…with tails!

(4) A saddle bag for his gun cart

(5) A large carpet bag

(6) A utility all in one knife with fork and spoon

(7) Miscellaneous items too numerous for me to remember

Congratulations Professor…I salute one who is in a league all his own! :D

Col Dan, Sir - thanks for giving us "the rest of the story"! We saw "His Furriness" at The Cowboys shoot this past Sunday. We was wearing one fine suit of clothes and a spiffy Top Hat when he walked past us - and something seemed a bit different about him. Now we know!

Wow! It's a shame that Ms. Mary Matilda wasn't there to compete with him!!!! She has the national shop 'til you drop award 2 years runnin'. <_<

Col Dan, Sir - thanks for giving us "the rest of the story"! We saw "His Furriness" at The Cowboys shoot this past Sunday. We was wearing one fine suit of clothes and a spiffy Top Hat when he walked past us - and something seemed a bit different about him. Now we know!

B.T. different? Our Cubby? How could you tell? The Emperor has new clothes? I could have sworn I saw his furriness Saturday night at Winter Range. I guess hibernation is now over and sleep has all been caught up. Woke up with a powerful hankerin' to shop, but where did he get the money for all that finery. He would not take a bribe would he?

Or would he?

All kidding aside he is one sharp dressed man. ZZ Top wrote the song after observing him. :)

So now we know how didnt pay for the gas on that trip!

Wigley

Credit card smoking?.... Well, yeah, maybe a little bit. Some burn marks around the edge of the wallet as well. And I might actually live long enough to pay down that credit card debt. Well, if I live to be about 187, that is.

But I gotta hand it to the vendors at Winter Range. Lots and lots of very cool very tempting stuff presented really well.

Archived