SASS Wire Forum

Autry Museum and Tombstone

L.T. Trish

Was out to the Autry National Center on my (just about) yearly visit as I have been doing for purt' near, sheesh, seems like 20 years and I came to notice a shortage of any Tombstone movie memorabilia.

Now being as Tombstone is up there in my top 5 favorite westerns, I have been ponderin just why this might be.

Is there anybody here who might have some inside information? I sure would love to see some Tombstone stuff at the Center one of these days.

L.T. Trish

As I recall, the museum doesn't have much in the way of movie memorabilia, and the space devoted to the Hollywood west is taken up by personal items donated by Autry and his contemporaries. Haven't been there in a number of years now but can't imagine that much stuff from the movies would be there as that gear is now sold off rather than put in studio storage.

Thanks for the replies....

It would be nice to see a red sash or a Johnny Ringo gunbelt or a Wyatt boss of the plains. Peter Sherayko, is ya listnin?

I am aware of the redo, so we will see...

I will however miss that version of "The Old Chisholm Trail" played by the chuck wagon display (if they change it). I wish I had just one nickel for every time that recording played.

L.T.

Archived