SASS Wire Forum

TRADED

Rube Burrows

I have two 1851 Pietta brass frame guns. When I got these I prob. shot them a total of 30 times each.

I then stripped the bluing off because I was going to antique them. Well I then scratched that and took one to my local smith and he reblued it. I think he actuall parkerized it but it looks like a soft blue. Looks pretty good.

The other one is still mostly stripped. They have no rust and are in perfect condition otherwise.

My questions is as follows;

Would anyone be interested in trading one Steel framed 1851 or 1860 for both of my brass frames?

I love the Cap and Ball style revolvers but want one that shoots cartridges. I would like a steel frame cap and ball revolver so I can possibly do a conversion on it.

Let me know if anyone is even interested and I can get you pics of the revolvers that I have.

Oh yeah, sorry. They are in .44 caliber.

I dont really have a cash price in mind. I was just trying to obtain a steel frame version so I could possibly put in conversion piece.

I love the look of the C&B revolvers but dont like loading and whatnot for CAS shooting.

I have a .36 steel frame 1851 Pietta if your interested. I have had the gun since the late 70's, but its not had a lot of use. The wedge is beat up, but the rest of the gun is in good condition. I can email photos to you.

Thanks,

Tully

I have a 44 steel frame gun I'd trade for your 2 guns. pm sent also.

Archived