SASS Wire Forum

WTB: 10 guage brass hulls

I recently inherited a win. model 1901,and it had only one good brass hulll with it,a Magrtec. They do not make them anymore. :(

Does anyone know of a source,or ahve a few they'd want to part with?

conversely,can I buy paper hulls and cut them to length? seems like that would work.

thanks Pards

Rocky Mountain Cartridge sells them....BUT they are spendy :excl: About $10.00 ea the last time I checked. :blink: I have 16 of them that I picked up a gun shows.

I have 5 old UMC 10 ga brass hulls I could sell as I don't have a 10ga. 2- 2.5" and 3-3". 20.00 shipped?

This is weird... I just won 22 pieces on gunbroker not twenty minutes ago for $85, BIN, + "actual shipping".

Watching online ads, like the above one, auction sites, and gun shows, I've managed to amass a collection of 64 pieces of 10g brass over the past several months, plus the 22 I just won, and haven't paid over $4.00 ea for any of 'em, including shipping. The last lot I found, I paid $87.49 for 22 pieces, delivered. Even at 6 per stage, I now have enough for a 12 stage, two day match. :)

Don't let Alcan cases scare you off, as they are easily drilled out to take standard 209's. They're easy to find on gunbroker, but the folks that have one or two they found after grandpa died think they're worth $25 or $30 apiece. HERE'S a rather rare one, and not entirely out of line for what it is, but $300 for ONE case is a bit much for shootin'. :lol:

Save a search for "10 ga* brass -hi* -lo*", and "10g* brass -hi* -lo*" and you'll cover 99+% of the 10g brass shotshell listings when they come up.

Throckmorton,

I have a 87 in 10ga. I use plastic hulls, cut to appropriate length, and use a roll crimp. The hulls aren't usually in too good a condition afterward, black powder isn't particularly kind on plastic. Some may be re-loadable a second time, but i let them fall into the trash bin. I have bought new hulls in a pinch, but with some looking around, you can find once fired hulls on auction sites.

Archived