SASS Wire Forum

Winter Range-WOW

Dingo and Sixgun

Winter Range is the most well run match we have ever attended. This is our second time to Winter Range and it was even better than last time. Hats off to the Rough Riders and all the people that helped to put on this match. Other matches can learn from this one. Registration was easy and friendly,the warm up match was set up in posses with specific start times, the warm-up stages were in the book, no questions about what to do, the stages were very well written and fun to shoot, the shooter had options on most stages, the props out here are fantastic, the new saloon looks great, and the shoot-off was fun to watch and shoot, the awards ceremony kept moving, but gave everyone their moment to shine.

Congratulations to Led Despenser and Two Sons for some great shooting and to all the winners.

Dingo, Murphy and I will be back next year. We can't wait.

Sixgun Sallie :)

:FlagAm: The mounted shooters across the street just want you all to know that the "Winter Range Board" not only puts on a tremendous action match but they coordinated with the Tombstone Ghost Riders in such a indispensable way! Their work, and expertise knows no equal. Madison, the mounted coordinator might even be riding next year. We cannot thank them enough. Truly an amazing group!........ :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ............Dan Nabbit TGR Pres.

This was my first trip out but not my last. Can't say enough good things about the match. The props are second to no one, the stages fun and challenging just like a national match should be. Spent alot with the vendors and now can't wait to get it. Already planning on next year. Already miss the brisket.

Black Tom

:FlagAm: The mounted shooters across the street just want you all to know that the "Winter Range Board" not only puts on a tremendous action match but they coordinated with the Tombstone Ghost Riders in such a indispensable way! Their work, and expertise knows no equal. Madison, the mounted coordinator might even be riding next year. We cannot thank them enough. Truly an amazing group!........ :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ............Dan Nabbit TGR Pres.

Thanks Dan,

And thank you and the Tombstone Ghost Riders for running the mounted events. Looking forward to seeing you next year!

Scratch

Yup, it twas a great match!!!

Had a great time,,,Iwl be back next year.

Cheyenne

This was my first trip out but not my last. Can't say enough good things about the match. The props are second to no one, the stages fun and challenging just like a national match should be. Spent alot with the vendors and now can't wait to get it. Already planning on next year. Already miss the brisket.

Black Tom

Hi Tom,

Congratulations on a great shoot. Did Ruby get a hat? Nice to see you two, hope to see you all again soon.

Take care,

Sixgun :)

What a shoot...my 12th WR and they just keep getting better. The Board listens to what shooters suggest in changes/additions and gettem' done. Don't know how this bunch of planners and workers can top themselves next year but hope I am there to see. Thanks to all who make it happen.

It has taken me this long to get over the awe of a great event. So many people to thank and congratulate.

Firstly, my sincere thank you to the Rough Riders for a great well run and organized event. A big thank you to all the assistants and unnamed volunteers that make it all happen. The vendors were fantastic as was the entertainment including the Card Shark and the Mariachi Band!! All of the great people I met and in paticular those of you on posse #22 - we had a blast!!

A special thanks to Blue Ridge Ranger our Posse Marshall for guiding us through the stages and making them all a fun and entertaining event.

Great to meet so many of you from "The Wire" including but not limited to the local crew of Wire Palladin, Whooper Crane, Lefty Dude and Hondo Dan and also great to see old friends and meet new ones from the Michigan Wolverines. Bad Brass thanks for sharing the cart at Cowtown (and the umbrella). Big Bad Jim and Sassy Sue we had a blast together!!!

Finally a SPECIAL thanks to my pard K.A. Mule for being the great host that you have been and guiding myself and Daisy along the way - Your one to Ride The River with Amigo.!!

Not to forget, Congratulations to ALL th winners of Winter Range. That includes all the top shooters and also all of the competitors since just being there made us all winners!!

From the final line in "Silverado" We'll be Back !!!!!!!!! Yehaaaaaw

Colt and Daisy

This was Tripod's and my 7Th and our grandsons 2ND trip to Winter Range.

To say this is the best shoot in the country bar none is an understatement.

We enjoy this shoot so much that the only way We'll miss it is if we are dead

or in the hospital.

Is it time to go to the next Winter Range yet????????????? YEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAA

Marshal Stone

Archived