SASS Wire Forum

My Short Visit to Winter Range

Colonel Dan, SASS #24025

I had the distinct pleasure of visiting Winter Range in conjunction with a previously planned trip to my sister’s family who lives just 10 minutes from the Range.

Although due to my travel schedule I wasn’t able to shoot the match, I was able to shoot the breeze with many folks I had only corresponded with via email and/or via the Wire. That was the highlight of my week indeed.

From everything I saw over the course of those 3 days, this was one super match!!! The WR crew had all the bases very well covered and did a bang up job from start to finish. I SALUTE and congratulate them all! Great job soldiers!! :)

The pleasure was all mine to see you once again Col. Dan. You and my Furry friend make my day. Anyday. I am sorry to report in though that I was under severe attach by stealth bullets. Clearly almost all of them were loaded, but then disappeared. One miss was operator error. Sort of a rubbing your stomach and chewing gum syndrome. I loaded 4 and capped 5. A Howdyism for sure.

You sir looked very dapper in your miltary outfit I do have to say. I also see you are starting to rub off on Prof. Cubby Bear as he is getting into the costuming mode and making me jealous doing it. :)

Sorry I missed seeing you Hud, but we will get together at the March monthly at Norco. I forgot, are you a Dammit? I tend to think not. Show up at the night BP shoot and I will let you fire one of mine into the darkness and be forever marked as a Dammit. Yeah, I think you already are, but I don't recall your Dammit alias. Bada Bing Dammit????

The pleasure was all mine to see you once again Col. Dan. You and my Furry friend make my day. Anyday. I am sorry to report in though that I was under severe attach by stealth bullets. Clearly almost all of them were loaded, but then disappeared. One miss was operator error. Sort of a rubbing your stomach and chewing gum syndrome. I loaded 4 and capped 5. A Howdyism for sure.

You sir looked very dapper in your miltary outfit I do have to say. I also see you are starting to rub off on Prof. Cubby Bear as he is getting into the costuming mode and making me jealous doing it. :)

Sorry I missed seeing you Hud, but we will get together at the March monthly at Norco. I forgot, are you a Dammit? I tend to think not. Show up at the night BP shoot and I will let you fire one of mine into the darkness and be forever marked as a Dammit. Yeah, I think you already are, but I don't recall your Dammit alias. Bada Bing Dammit????

Howdy Howdy. Im a charter member...Pizza the Hud dammit

Howdy Howdy. Im a charter member...Pizza the Hud dammit

Thought so and now remember the tag put on you too. I am about as bright as a dark moon. Good pizza though dammit, no matter what alias you deliver to the range with. :D

I am glad you enjoyed your visit. Your assessment is correct Winter Range is a well run match, I my opinion the best. There are many great matches, however, the attention to detail is outstanding at WR.

It was a pleasure to meet you. As I mentioned, I enjoy your monthly aticials in the CC Please continue to carry the torch.

Howdy Howdy!

Actually, while the good Colonel is indisputably a Good Influnce against my sartorial sins, the actual wellspring is probably Miss Mary, whose gentle proddings keep both the Colonel and Yours Very Furry looking at least partially presentable.

+1 to the praise for the social aspects of Winter Range. I had as much fun chewing the fat out on vendors row with Hedley LeMar and Lou Graham as just about anything I have done on the firing line. And swapping lawyer jokes with the Judge was also a treat.

Add my bit of sincere thanks to every one of the people whose efforts made Winter Range possible...

PfCB (aka Cubby Dammit).

Ambush and Joe, Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate your support.

Now truth be known, I can't hold a candle to our beloved Professor Cubby Bear when it comes to sartorial selection. He's by far the more stylish of our duo!

He also soundly beat me by a very wide margin in the Speed Shopping Side Match...all three days! I wasn't even close. :D

Regradless of the clothing or the shopping however, Miss Mary and I always very much enjoy time spent in the company of our good Professor and WR was no exception. :)

I enjoyt visitin with you and the Prof, Col!

Cheyenne

CC, Likewise...and we enjoyed seeing your flashy duds...you have that BW thing down pat!

Dingo and Sixgun, wish I could have shot the match but the schedule just didn't work this time. Last time I shot WR was 4 years ago. Not to worry, I'll be back. And I will pass along your salutations to the Florida gang.

See you all down the trail.

CD

Thanks for coming Colonel Dan. Your presence kept the nasty stealth bullet from creeping into my rifle. I was shooting C&B's so if there was a problem, it was all me cause I supervised the loading.

You mean he doesn't look just like his avatar?!? :blink::wacko::lol:

Regards, TJH

Hey now, thats me.......20 years ago, but thats me

hud (who had someone else put a pic up cause I dont know how)

Archived