SASS Wire Forum

Vaquero Jake

Colt Faro, SASS #54579

I wanted to put this in a different post because this young man is an incredible shooter! He shot some blazing sub 20 stages at Winter Range. I didn't see what happened on a couple other stages but he could easily have won first. We wish him and his family the best!

I will also say this, all of our young shooters did well and it was great to see them there. BUT, there is not enough of them and we all need to do something about that! The one thing this sport lacks is youth. They are the future of this sport.

You're right on both counts!!

Jake is a great young man and also a great shooter. We've watched him grow up here in Middle TN/Southern KY and he's aces all the way. ( :lol::lol: Wish we could say the same fer his old man :lol::lol: just jokin' Shadai!! :D ) His mom and dad are great folks too!

I wish more young folks had the time and parental support to participate. (Got two grandsons who WILL have that opportunity when they're old enough) My son shoots, as does my wife and the kids know about it already!

Yep Colt,

He's a pretty neat kid. I saw him shooting speed pistol at the US Open. WOW!

His Dad and Mom are nice folks too.

When I met him I kept thinking he reminded me of someone; but just couldn't think who it was. I finally remembered, it's Gary Cooper. Jake's demeanor is so mature.

Here's a photo.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Way to go Jake!.......Missed you guys this year at Great Falls.......

I just saw in the results that Jake won a stage outright??.........Way to go Jake!!!

Yes Jake is an amazing young man....I had the privilage of having him on the posse at Winter range and was timing him when he ran the 17.83 on stage 11. It was a shooting school for sure. All of that aside I also just enjoyed hanging with Jake he is one great kid. :D

We also had Winchester Reed on the posse and he was a great kid to shoot with also. Stage 12 he took out both of the flyers and showed us how it was done.

It was awesome to have both of these fine young lads shooting with us. :D

We haven't known them very long. We just met back in October at the SW Regional. Rattlesnake and I were very impressed with him. Not just as a shooter but he was a very nice young man as well. I remember Jake and Snake kept shooting the fastest pistol stage at Bar 3 and just having a blast! In fact Snake had so much fun he almost shot up our main match ammo. Lol. We look forward to getting to know them better and do some more shootin.

Jake, you are the man!!!!!

I talked to Shadai after the match and he told me you had done well. He must not have known you won a stage out right.

I am proud to know you and call you my friend.

Jake started shooting Ruger Bearcats, a .22 rifle and a lever action .410 shotgun about 5-6 years ago when just big enough to hold em' up here in Kentucky at the Bluegrass Rangers and Green River Gunslingers clubs. Shaddai was right behind him, coaching and supporting him all the way. Great young man and will be the top shooter shortly. Yak

Archived