SASS Wire Forum

WR 2011 20th IN THE BOOKS!

Dubious Don #56333

Well pards the finest and BESTEST Winter Range is now in the books!

Posse 502 Plainsman who all worked very hard and had FUN. It was a pleasure to shoot with such good friends again.

Posse 404 Wild Bunch was awesome. WE HAD FUN!! Posse Marshal Crazy Kurt made it an enjoyable and FUN 12 stages! (Kurt, if you looked on the back of your buckle and laughed, guess what MINE SAYS !?!)

I would like to publicly and loudly thank my posse, number 30 that made my job as marshal so much easier by being the WORKINGEST AND FUNNEST BUNCH !!!

Amber Ale

Arizona Deuce

Bent Barrel Betty

Blind Bob

Buffalo Brewster

Bunch Quitter

Cactus Lil

Cimarron Larna (MY HONEY!)

Colt Faro

Dancin' Spurs

Dusty Buckboard

Garrison Joe

Jack N Water

Kow Catcher

No Horse Charlie (Asst Posse Marshal who made my job EASY!)

Goodness Grace (who is Charlie's better half and couldn't get time off work to shoot but came out to help score. Thanks Gracie!)

Rattlesnake Wrangler

Stormy Reinz

Tennessee Star

Twirlin' Trigger

Waterloo

I can't say enough good about y'all, it was an honor to shoot with each and every one of you. YOU made my job easy, WE HAD FUN, we stayed on schedule, WE HAD FUN, Everyone worked hard, WE HAD FUN, I got to shoot with some new friends and I got to shoot with old friends too. And the best part? WE HAD FUN!!! :D

Congratulations to ALL the competitors and THANK YOU to all the volunteers who make this match what it is! WR starts setting up the week before, this year due to the Wild Bunch match that started on Tuesday, setup began on the previous Wednesday (but work was done months and MONTHS before on stage fronts, props and all the other minutia that make up a match) Everything was setup by Friday but as luck would have it, there was a little rain over the weekend but there was plenty of time to finish setting things up and the range was ready for Wild bunch on Tuesday, nice and dry with PERFECT weather. This weather held all week and the skies were kind to us this year; it didn't rain until last night. It was a bit muddy and cold this morning for top gun and awards but it didn't seem to dampen spirits; that bigtop tent was chock full of cheering HAPPY cowboys and cowgirls. If memory serves, 869 total competitors, 756 main match, 126 Wild Bunch. WOW!

And you know what the best part is?

WE GET TO DO IT AGAIN NEXT YEAR !!! :D:D:D

Not only did we have fun but we had an AWESOME PM Mr. Dubious Don!!! Thanks for helping to make our first WR incredible. It was a pleasure to hang with you sir!!!

Colt and Rattlesnake

Archived