SASS Wire Forum

missed the boat ordering guns

This is more of a whine than a rant. I got an e-mail from EMF advertising a sale on their custom series, GW IIs with the real Turnbull case hardening. They had fake Ivory Express (birdshead) grips, which wasn't a real problem, cause I want them to back up my other GW IIs.

My fault, I called and they didn't know how many they had in stock, so I waited a couple weeks and had my dealer order them for me. He called back and said someone bought ONE of the last pair. They did have another with wood grips, but I'm kicking myself for waiting. I ordered the pair, but now I've got to have someone make a pair of grips to fit and have them fitted. Who buys ONE gun? I did go on the classified to look for another white grip, but so far, no luck. What an idiot I can be!

Guest jeweler jim

What our critical friend above doesn't know is you sold some of your other guns to buy these.

God I love the wire, it's such a friendly place. :P And never critical of a fellow cowboy. :rolleyes: I didn't actually type that did I? :unsure:

This is more of a whine than a rant. I got an e-mail from EMF advertising a sale on their custom series, GW IIs with the real Turnbull case hardening. They had fake Ivory Express (birdshead) grips, which wasn't a real problem, cause I want them to back up my other GW IIs.

My fault, I called and they didn't know how many they had in stock, so I waited a couple weeks and had my dealer order them for me. He called back and said someone bought ONE of the last pair. They did have another with wood grips, but I'm kicking myself for waiting. I ordered the pair, but now I've got to have someone make a pair of grips to fit and have them fitted. Who buys ONE gun? I did go on the classified to look for another white grip, but so far, no luck. What an idiot I can be!

Try Tru-Ivory grips, they should help. Good luck, Rye

Archived