SASS Wire Forum

Rugged Gear Shooting Cart

Deputy Cook

I've been thinking about getting a Rugged Gear cart myself, especially if gas goes past $4 a gallon. My homemade wooden cart is non-collapsable and will only fit in the back of my Ford Explorer, but a RG collapsable cart would fit in the trunk of my little Saturn commuter car just dandy if I fold the back seat down.

I have yet to buy a gun cart. :rolleyes:

I dont like the idea of those big wooden carts because it might 'overload' my Frontier pickup. :unsure:

Then there are times i drive my wife's Honda Accord - loads of room in it if i dont take a cart.

Elfego :FlagAm:

Why, yes indeed, GCK, you and I are living proof that it "takes all kinds". I consider that a good thing. You don't? I guess I should have put in a YMMV and IMHO, huh?

Just because you and "thousands" of others just love their little toy baby ugly buggies doesn't mean everyone has to. Like I said, I despise mine. I just thot prospective buyers should get the other side of the story.

Just like iced tea. Most folks have to put that evil nasty refined white granulated sugar in it making it into some kind of disgusting syrup. And then there are the few of us smart people who know that tea should be enjoyed straight. Sweet tea gags me.

Marching to the beat of a different drummer is not necessarily a bad thing.

YMMV.

I guess you just don't like it.

Seems like if ya don't like it at all. Like ya posted.

Then you would want to get rid of it.

Being the good sort of pard I am. I will be gald to help you out.

So just ship that thing to me, and then you will not have to worry with it ANYMORE. :o

Would hate to see you have to keep it, being that you dislike it so much. :huh:

I will even pay the shipping to help you get that stupid thing out of your way.

After all. It is ugly, don't work right, and just a big pain to use.

Hubby bought two - one for each of us. He put a fishing pole holder on the side to lovingly cradle our SXSs (to keep the middle of the cart clear) and put two nylon holsters on it for our pistols. We love our carts and can go do different things on side match days or be on two different posses, if need be. The biggest sell was the Virginia and West Virginia state matches are in some slightly hilly areas ;) and these carts are a dream to push around. They fold up real nice and stay in the back of the truck all the time without taking up much room.

Sorry, AA but others have tried to BUY my RG cart and it ain't for sale. So, nice try but I won't be giving it to you.

Yes, I am a crybaby. A big ole blubbering crybaby. I cry all the time. I can't even stand to watch Little House on the Prairie anymore. Some of my fellow Nam vets say it is PTSD. Whatever...

The RG is fairly well made and serves a purpose. I will keep it for what I need it to do. Save space when I go to a far away match where I will need to stay in a motel. I used it exactly once last year. Hopefully more this year. Should last a good long time at this rate.

Look, I just thot I would voice my opinion of the thing. I don't like it. Except for one thing: it folds up and affords more room when I need that. Any other time I will use my Big Skys which I very much prefer.

Yes I am very much out-voted and power to all the pards who like their RGs. Be a drab boring ole world if we all thot the same and preferred the same things.

I have to agree with Lone Dog on this one. When first looking for a cart I considered a Rugged Gear Cart and I think cost was a factor at the time so I experimented with a build it myself model or two to start (a bad mistake money pit). Then when I saved enough nickels I bought a Little Sky gun cart and was never happier. It looks "in place" to side with Aunt Jen. It's easy to maneuver and due to its solid tires, cannot go flat. For each match I carry 4 pistols, 2 rifles, 2 shotguns, cleaner and lube, rags and tools, 200 rounds of 45 LC (both rifle/pistol) and 60 rounds of 12 ga. Besides my leather gear which all fits with room to spare on my Little Sky gun cart. The neat thing about the cart is that it is made like a puzzle in wooden pieces that disassemble into a nylon carry case to fit into the trunk of my car. Very convenient. Smithy.

I have the 3 gun cart and just added another gun holder to I can carry more another long gun My honey is now going to be shooting this year.We will be saving our pennies so we can get the larger 4 gun cart.But it was a good peice of equipment to buy.You can really appreciate it when you go to a shoot where there are lots of hills.I do miss some things about my heavy wooden cart.........but for now it works better as a gunbelt rack in the basement

Sgt H

I was loaned one of the RG 4 gun carts in Texas last year.... Liked it so much I ordered one and had it delivered while on that same trip...

Brought it back to Australia in its box as a piece of luggage... no oversize/overweight charges for that either.. try THAT with a wooden cart... :D

Solid tyres, plenty of pockets (especially like the shotgun box sized ones).. Great cart!

Pardon my cynicism.. but I'll add to the chorus asking just HOW any gun cart "fits" the period???

Only "cart" I've ever seen that did was the Mule a guy used to have at the old EOT in CA... :o

Archived