SASS Wire Forum

Winter Range

Persimmon Dan, SASS #42428

It is too early to tell anything about the outcome. Second day is just done by 30 minutes or so. Weather held good through day two, with again cooler morning and warmer afternoon. Storm moving in tomorrow with early 20% chance of rain increasing to about 80% plus sometime later in day on Sat then down to 50% on Sunday for shootoff. Lets hope it holds off til after 5 PM. Tomorrow winds are expected to be gusty and quite high, so BP shooters should like that. Note, stages are fabulous, best WR stages ever!!

Yeah

Weather is great and everyone has a big fat grin on their face!!!!!

I looked up on stage 10 and said to myself, Self you are in Arizona, shooting six-guns, lever action rifles and shotguns with a cactus backdrop!! How cool is this?????

Vance Montana (who is sure happy to have use of all my five senses and limbs)

It is kick ass.

Awesome stages & props.

We burned down Atlanta at the BP night shoot.

Figuring how folks did is tough 'cause you have to manually compare everyone in your category - daily results are alphabetical with no totals.

yea, ME. I broke my middle finger on my shootin hand. So I left yesterday. Fun while it lasted, but a 12 ga with a busted didgit is a whole NEW experience.

hud (who wasn't shootin well anyhow)

Dang Hud, sorry to hear that, how'd you manage that?

Reminds me of an ATV trip I took once, first day there my son caught way too much air, came down and cracked his wrist, broke a finger, and only a full face helmet saved him from much more severe injuries. That sure cut the trip short.

yea, ME. I broke my middle finger on my shootin hand. So I left yesterday. Fun while it lasted, but a 12 ga with a busted didgit is a whole NEW experience.

hud (who wasn't shootin well anyhow)

:huh: ..:( bummer man...hope ya got to meet Deuce Stevens, Doc Noper, Slo Mo, and the other excellent MI pards...they are great examples of pards that represent SASS (as I am sure there are ooddles of other folks out there that do the same!!)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I had a nice wander about, nice folks. Ran into a feller, big feller in an equally big blue golf cart with a handicap sticker on it (rather he nearly ran into me). Was a nice enough time and soaking up all the information I can.

:huh: ..:( bummer man...hope ya got to meet Deuce Stevens, Doc Noper, Slo Mo, and the other excellent MI pards...they are great examples of pards that represent SASS (as I am sure there are ooddles of other folks out there that do the same!!)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Sorry to say Gunner, I didnt get to see or meet any of them. So many people there. I got to see and talk to Billy Boots and Long Hunter for a few secs. But for as many people as were there, I didnt see to many from past years. 3 shifts, and everyone so spred out when not shootin.

hud (Dr says no shootin for 3-4 weeks)

Archived