SASS Wire Forum

Personal Pronouncement

Hardin Morningwood

Guest Texas Jack Black

Welcome, Phillip The Fair King of France I believe sometime around 1280 or so . Are you a Medievil history buff?

T J B

I am.

Spent a good many years in a medieval reenactment society, avid student of the "100 years war" period, learned to build my own fighting armor (leather and steel), stuck a toe in every fighting style of the period and authored some fictional short stories on the era as well as have one novel series still in the works (Hope to finish one day).

Guest Texas Jack Black

I am.

Spent a good many years in a medieval reenactment society, avid student of the "100 years war" period, learned to build my own fighting armor (leather and steel), stuck a toe in every fighting style of the period and authored some fictional short stories on the era as well as have one novel series still in the works (Hope to finish one day).

Welcome to the wire, you should do very well seeing that you have your own armor to wear when you are on this wire. :D

T J B

Forums are something I am NOT new to so come what may I will be ready.

Ain't thinking they will be adding a "Full Armor" class to CAS but iffin ever they do..I am ready.

Thanks fer the welcome.

Wanna thank Judge Uriah Harshly, Palo Verde and Two Guns for their time and information when I dropped in at Legendary Guns. What a great hour being a fly on the wall in the Old West room as these guys talked single action and W.R..

The Judge made the mistake of handin me his card with his number on it...I don't see any means i can keep from takin him up on answering more questions.

The Judge is a very decent fellow and quite knowledgable on this sport. You have a good mentor. Thirty-eight Special is the most common caliber shot (low cost and modest recoil) so you made a good ammo choice. The Southwest is a great place for this sport. We shoot twelve months of the year not stopping for the Winter like much of the rest of the country. After you learn the sport locally you can travel to larger matches for multi-day competitions. From wherever you live in AZ there's more quality matches a day's drive from your home than you probably have time or money to shoot. Welcome!

Thank ya fer the welcome Edward.

I can't spot the good Judge on dime as my mentor though I surely grant you, from the time we spent talkin, I would be in good hands iffin he were so generous.

I got a real good feel for that group that was hangin out in the Old West room at Legendary Guns. They were what you would expect from guys that spent a lot of time together with the good-natured needling and pokin fun. Palo Verde was givin it to the Judge good when "His Honor" was braggin about winin the Texas Hold'em crown at WR) It is the kind of camaraderie I always hoped to find in my other organization but even after a decade it was absent.

As for the weather benefiting participation here, another aspect I look forward to and my location means I can shoot every weekend if I like due to the proximity of clubs.

I'm huntin down a deal for some shootin sticks hopin that in this economy I might be able to help a cowboy on hard times out of a tough spot before I go and grease the manufacturers skids right away; that will certainly come but I'd like to save it for when I know exactly what rigs I am best using and not for the initial "gettin in".

In the mean time, I reading, listening and learning.

Archived