SASS Wire Forum

Personal Pronouncement

Hardin Morningwood

Howdy

Hate not lettin folks know when I am around so here it is...

I'm around.

I am fixin to enter the fraycus of this activity but I am doin my learnin first by gittin skool'd on this here place befer I start makin waves.

When I got sumptin I caint figgur I will shurly be askin fer help.

I gots sum shootin time but more today than yesterday so i will be lookin for a full new rig fer doin this wit y'all. Perhaps even help someone who is gettin out lighten their load by buying what they got to hep me git in.

Don't me to be runnin on so I will stop there.

Thank ya

Daniel the Brief

Welcome! Don't know where you are in Arizona, but Winter Range, the National Championship of SASS, is happening right now as we speak. It is held at the Ben Avery Shooting facilty, just North of Phoenix. There are upwards of 1000 like minded cowfolks there through Saturday, some on into to Sunday. Probably around 100 vendors as well. Get yourself on down there if you can.

Welcome! Don't know where you are in Arizona, but Winter Range, the National Championship of SASS, is happening right now as we speak. It is held at the Ben Avery Shooting facilty, just North of Phoenix. There are upwards of 1000 like minded cowfolks there through Saturday, some on into to Sunday. Probably around 100 vendors as well. Get yourself on down there if you can.

I was thinking the same thing... glad you told him.

I wish I was there!

Thank y'all

Goody - I be knowin 'bout that thar shootin fest. Was thar Wednesday and hope to git back today and tomorrow to git some skoolin in. Maybe even git somehweres I can be of help 'cause I gots lots of sperience in helpin big events and like doin it. I learn lots when I git my hands dirty.

Sorry fer runnin on..

Welcome to SASS and the Wire,

Yer right, there's a lot of good info on the Wire. A lot of good advice, stories and question answering also. Just keep one thing in mind....the SASS wire isn't SASS. From time to time, you'll see a few dust ups on here.......but in the end, we're all still pards.

C.S.

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

Howdy

I'm around.

I am fixin to enter the fraycus of this activity but I am doin my learnin first by gittin skool'd on this here place befer I start makin waves.

I gots sum shootin time but more today than yesterday so i will be lookin for a full new rig fer doin this wit y'all. Perhaps even help someone who is gettin out lighten their load by buying what they got to hep me git in.

Thank ya

Daniel the Brief

Whups... you forgot to be brief.

(joshin' withya... friend. Welcome!)

ts

Howdy Dan,

Welcome to the fire.

Best way to learn about this sport is to get to a match.

Ask questions.

Most folks are more than willing to help out a newbie.

Be it with advise or equipment.

As others have said don't shoot anybody and have fun!

Hacker

PS join SASS and the NRA

PPS we are more fun in person than may appear by the wire.

Welcome to SASS and the Wire,

Just keep one thing in mind....the SASS wire isn't SASS.

C.S.

Sun's word are very true. Never mistake that what goes on in this forum is not true for most SASS folk. It does represent some of the thinking that goes on out there on match day, but everyone's experience is unique. This is a great place to fact find about guns and gear - not opinion.

Welcome Pard!

You've already passed one test, The Allie Mo Avatar Test. Assuming it is you, I think I could recognize you from it.

Happy Trails,

Allie Mo (no e please)

That reminds me. Time to change mine again. :blush:

Whups... you forgot to be brief.

(joshin' withya... friend. Welcome!)

ts

Tenn Stud, how did I know you couldn't pass up the opportunity to respond to this one??? :rolleyes::rolleyes: Glad to see you back on the wire, always get a grin out of your perspective on things...... Gracos Kid

Thanks to the welcomers.

Been readin up a mite... Marauder, good link...thanks.

Allie...thanks By-the-by...what does (no E Please) mean?

Looks like I will be scoutin fer some 38sp. gear since I already have it in my collection. No need to add calibers I don't need to rite now.

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

Thanks to the welcomers.

Looks like I will be scoutin fer some 38sp. gear since I already have it in my collection. No need to add calibers I don't need to rite now.

'Cause Allie Mo(e) has two sisters... Allie Curly... and Allie Larry. But none as perty as Ms. Allie... what a sweetie.

ts

Hey David,

Our resident "stud muffin" alluded to the reasons for my "no E." I'm not one of the three stooges, dontcha know. So it's Mo with no E. Also, my Dammit Gang name is No E - Dammit. Or it was until I became Bev Mo. :unsure:

Our recently deceased, beloved "fearful leader," Laylow Curly (AKA Laylow Crawley - D!) gave me my Dammit Gang name at my first black powder (BP) night shoot.

Now, that I've mentioned them, I imagine you want to know who they are. We are not an exclusive group. :unsure: All you have to do to become a Dammit is shoot BP at night in the presence of a gang member. I'm surprised they let me in because I didn't say "dammit" once as I cleaned the match. :o:D:P

If you want to join them, you must be careful around them or you could end up with a name like "Stinky Farts," "Weenie YoYo"...

Regards,

Allie Mo

AKA No E - D!

Howdy

I'm around.

Thank ya

Daniel the Brief

Welcome to The Wonderful World Of CAS, be prepared to buy lots of guns and make lots of friends.

Randy

http://wartracecowboys.blogspot.com/

Thought mayhaps you wanted called "Al"

and not even my mamma calls me David.

OOPs! Sorry! What should we call you? Daniel? DT? Folks always shorten names.

Some folks call me "Crash." I have more than one name... If they have a beer for me, I'll answer to "hey you." ;)

Regards,

Allie Mo

Don't usually call me...they just wait fer me to arrive.

I recon that would make me "He's here" Lessen you were hopin I wasn't then that would be "Damn, He's Here"

Crash huh??? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm not sure where that came from, have had a few accidents with the car or is this something else entirely different, to me you will always be the beautiful Allie Mo, and if ever this way, I have beer on hand

All for now JD Trampas

Crash huh??? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm not sure where that came from, have had a few accidents with the car or is this something else entirely different, to me you will always be the beautiful Allie Mo, and if ever this way, I have beer on hand

All for now JD Trampas

:blush:

After inbibing a few (too many, maybe :unsure::rolleyes: ) at the Regional, I fell on my butt. Lumpy Grits started calling me Crash. Just you try drinking with the Germans. Namely Olli the Kid, Shotgun Boogie, and Westphailian Phil (renamed Rephil).

I've got to quit posting on poor Daniel's thread before I scare him away.

BTW Daniel, please tell us about your alias. What does it mean and where did it come from. Are you a lawyer? I won't tell anyone. ;)

Regards,

allie Mo

Sarcasm Ma'am.

(Cue the narrator behind the alias-

It was common in the days long before the Old West to use sarcasm when dropping a name on someone. "Phillip the Fair" was called so because he was handsome yet it took greatest meaning from the reality that he was harsh, unwavering and well...unfair. Sarcasm won the day and the meaning.

"...Brief" is therefore meant as playful sarcasm to the truth and was hung upon me in said recognition. As a newcomer to this community, I thought I would just bring it along as a starting point for an alias here in the SASS.)

Thanks to the welcomers.

Me thimks E is what Allie Mo would say if she saw you in your brief's-eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeee

Well I been readin everythin I can git me eyes on and lernin lots.

Got my membership submitted, doin some scoutin for hardware.

Wyatt, ya might be right, wouldn't be the first to make a funny noise fer shur.

Wanna thank Judge Uriah Harshly, Palo Verde and Two Guns for their time and information when I dropped in at Legendary Guns. What a great hour being a fly on the wall in the Old West room as these guys talked single action and W.R..

The Judge made the mistake of handin me his card with his number on it...I don't see any means i can keep from takin him up on answering more questions.

Archived