SASS Wire Forum

AZ proposes Colt SAA as the "Official" state gun

News Shooter, SASS #31545

PHOENIX -- The Arizona Legislature is considering a bill to designate a historic Colt revolver the official state firearm, angering gun-control activists who denounced the measure as insulting and a waste of time when the state is facing serious economic problems.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/02/24/arizona-lawmakers-make-colt-official-state-gun/#ixzz1Euu4HI7b

1911 for Utah, SAA for Arizona....it's a nice trend.

I'd recommend the Colt 1849 for California. ;) (probably won't happen soon though)

Any state have the cojones to go with a Thompson? :lol:

I would think the Colt SAA would appeal to anti-gunners.

Holds 5 rounds safely (they're pushing to hold magazines to no more than 10 rounds)

Not used by the criminal crowd.

It's a revolver, not a dreaded semi-automatic.

Since it's a big gun, it's probably not the best choice for discreet carry (they are terrified of discreet carry).

So, would Texas get the Patterson or the Walker? Wait, how about a spelling contest? :lol:

Don't forget. The cylinder engraving on a Colt "Navy" is the Texas Navy.

PHOENIX -- The Arizona Legislature is considering a bill to designate a historic Colt revolver the official state firearm, angering gun-control activists who denounced the measure as insulting and a waste of time when the state is facing serious economic problems.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/02/24/arizona-lawmakers-make-colt-official-state-gun/#ixzz1Euu4HI7b

but it would be just dandy I reckon if it was a gun control bill.

Archived