SASS Wire Forum

Gunrunning scandal uncoveredat ATF by line CBS news

cree vicar dave

Don't know if this was on the wire before, but if it was it sure begs review.

I got an e-mail from a CAS friend today about this and googled it for myself. Turns out that the gun shops are not the bad guys after all, but the fall guys.

Our border agents are being shot at and killed by guns the ATF gave the OK on to sell according to CBS News. Wonder if this is what the Pres. of Mexico was talking about last week.

Read the article for yourself, goggle:

CBS, Gunrunning scandal uncovered at ATF

Cree

Where can I see a copy of this article?

Click on the link in my post.

Wha.... no lead in by Katie Couric????

I'm shocked that one of the liberal network news crews would cover the story and not put an anti-gun spin on it.

Sounds like someone higher up on the payscale decided they knew better what would happen then the guys out on the road and a good guy died because the brass wouldnt listen. The fact the mexican govt will somehow use this to hammer us about our gun laws and the current administration will make another move towards restricting ownership pisses me off.

You do have to applaud CBS for running the story what with it being anti administration and all, wonder what the repercussions will be? Will someone attempt a freezeout like they did with Fox?

... and the current administration will make another move towards restricting ownership pisses me off.

"Another" move? How many have "they" made, so far?

Without veering into the ditch of a political discussion, I think it would be a good idea for all of us to take a few minutes this weekend and write our representatives expressing our outrage over this and requesting an investigation.

Kudos to CBS new for actually doing news. I used to work at a CBS station, and we had a bumper sticker in the shop that read "CBS News - Rather Biased". Looks like there's a real journalist working there now.

We must do something about this immediately. Laws must be passed. New measures must be taken. If our highly trained and skilled professionals cannot keep something like this from happening, then wide sweeping, no tolerance, blanket legislation MUST be enacted to protect American, as well as Mexican, citizens.

<_<

We must do something about this immediately. Laws must be passed. New measures must be taken. If our highly trained and skilled professionals cannot keep something like this from happening, then wide sweeping, no tolerance, blanket legislation MUST be enacted to protect American, as well as Mexican, citizens.

<_<

DDD:

Ooooh, you're so suspicious......yet, still, a similar thought crossed my mind. Those "guns traced to America" percentages would certainly go up if you assured a supply of illegally purchased weapons crossing into Mexico...more funding for the agency involved, more press and public fervor for those with an agenda; could they be so devious? I'm hoping that it was just plain stupidity, not a plan.

LL

<_<

Signed: Muammar Khadaffy. :lol:

Perhaps this Gunrunning scandal is why ATF have solicited for the emergency tracking authority to track sales in AZ, NM, CA, TX of Assault type rifles.

There's no such thing as a "coincidence". You can bet your last peso this is exactly why they wanted to track sales.

Methinks once again our gubmint has done something underhanded to help push their agenda....

Go to:

www.nraila.org/obama

and read for yourself.

Cree

http://www.nraila.org/obama/

Yup - I wish some people wouldn't bury their heads in the sand....

GG ~ :FlagAm:

"Another" move? How many have "they" made, so far?

Here is the short list of his current and past positions against the Second Amendment. This info is in that link above. That link also has the substantiating references from the congressional records.

FACT: Barack Obama opposes four of the five Supreme Court justices who affirmed an individual right to keep and bear arms. He voted against the confirmation of Alito and Roberts and he has stated he would not have appointed Thomas or Scalia.17

FACT: Barack Obama voted for an Illinois State Senate bill to ban and confiscate “assault weapons,” but the bill was so poorly crafted, it would have also banned most semi-auto and single and double barrel shotguns commonly used by sportsmen.18

FACT: Barack Obama voted to allow reckless lawsuits designed to bankrupt the firearms industry.1

FACT: Barack Obama wants to re-impose the failed and discredited Clinton Gun Ban.15

FACT: Barack Obama voted to ban almost all rifle ammunition commonly used for hunting and sport shooting.3

FACT: Barack Obama has endorsed a 500% increase in the federal excise tax on firearms and ammunition.9

FACT: Barack Obama has endorsed a complete ban on handgun ownership.2

FACT: Barack Obama supports local gun bans in Chicago, Washington, D.C., and other cities.4

FACT: Barack Obama voted to uphold local gun bans and the criminal prosecution of people

who use firearms in self-defense.5

FACT: Barack Obama supports gun owner licensing and gun registration.6

FACT: Barack Obama refused to sign a friend-of-the-court Brief in support of individual Second Amendment rights in the Heller case.

FACT: Barack Obama opposes Right to Carry laws.7

FACT: Barack Obama was a member of the Board of Directors of the Joyce Foundation, the leading source of funds for anti-gun organizations and “research.”8

FACT: Barack Obama supported a proposal to ban gun stores within 5 miles of a school or park, which would eliminate almost every gun store in America.9

FACT: Barack Obama voted not to notify gun owners when the state of Illinois did records searches on them.10

FACT: Barack Obama voted against a measure to lower the Firearms Owners Identification card age minimum from 21 to 18, a measure designed to assist young people in the military.11

FACT: Barack Obama favors a ban on standard capacity magazines.12

FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory micro-stamping.13

FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory waiting periods.2

FACT: Barack Obama supports repeal of the Tiahrt Amendment, which prohibits information on gun traces collected by the BATFE from being used in reckless lawsuits against firearm dealers and manufacturers.14

FACT: Barack Obama supports one-gun-a-month handgun purchase restrictions.16

FACT: Barack Obama supports a ban on inexpensive handguns.9

FACT: Barack Obama supports a ban on the resale of police issued firearms, even if the money is going to police departments for replacement equipment.9

FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory firearm training requirements for all gun owners and a ban on gun ownership for persons under the age of 21.9

Fact,,,,,,,, Obama is BAD for the USA and all Citizens anywhere that value Freedom !!!

Jabez Cowboy

+1 hes a fickle pickle and most of the people who put him in office are 1 agenda voters that he or his party cater to.

Last election showed that a few of those voters were starting to wake up.

Archived